• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok. I've had some time to collect myself and I just wanted to say "woo-****ing-hoo...best team in the world", FULL STOP.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes definitely, Munaf bowled well but his first five overs or so going for sweet ****all had a lot to do with the pressure set by Zaheer's opening spell too.
Indeed. Lacked the zip that he had against Pakistan. However, the ball that was reviewed flew through at 140kph. It has been moments of penetration from Munaf, which is better than before. He is improving, certainly.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Zaheer also didn't have the opportunity to bowl any overs in the middle did he? Though it didn't look like the ball was reversing. But if anyone could have maybe got some reverse, Zaheer could have.

Teja.

Global Moderator
And lest I forget.. Love you Joni, love you Joe, Love you SJS, Love you adharcrick, Love you Bagapath, Love you vcs, Love you Teja you underage drunkard.. And most of all, Love you TURBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB... Juz now rocked the besant nagar beach in chennai.. The party was unbelievable there.. Totally missed Cricket Extra.. What outrageous thing did Sidhu do now??????
Haha, enjoy mate. We're ODI champs, **** yeah!

Damn the stupid avatar bet, and damn you Teja :P
Commiserations man, The game is the game. :p
Indeed. Lacked the zip that he had against Pakistan. However, the ball that was reviewed flew through at 140kph. It has been moments of penetration from Munaf, which is better than before. He is improving, certainly.
Yes, A WC of promise for Munaf. He certainly is a bowler who thrives on pitches with bounce tho as shown by the SA series. Essentially, He's too much of a one-trick L&L bowler to be a successful death overs performer, needs to vary much much more but the problem is he gets slaughtered if he tries anything short in most pitches in the SC and he isn't a consistently good yorker bowler, bowled a real good cutter in the semi and he'll do well to include it on a more regular basis in his bowling. Hoping against hope but I'll be a happy happy man if he gets picked for the WI tests atleast(Given up hope on BCCI- Praveen) I dunno why but I really like him.

Also Manee, I'm pretty sure it was you who informed me last year about Yuvraj turning into a **** fielder, looks like he got over it, was electric this WC. :cool:

shankar

International Debutant
Zaheer also didn't have the opportunity to bowl any overs in the middle did he? Though it didn't look like the ball was reversing. But if anyone could have maybe got some reverse, Zaheer could have.
He has suffered in both the last two matches because of having the role of bowling 4-5 overs at the slog. So he hasnt been able to bowl in the period before the change of ball.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, enjoy mate. We're ODI champs, **** yeah!

Commiserations man, The game is the game. :p

Yes, A WC of promise for Munaf. He certainly is a bowler who thrives on pitches with bounce tho as shown by the SA series. Essentially, He's too much of a one-trick L&L bowler to be a successful death overs performer, needs to vary much much more but the problem is he gets slaughtered if he tries anything short in most pitches in the SC and he isn't a consistently good yorker bowler, bowled a real good cutter in the semi and he'll do well to include it on a more regular basis in his bowling. Hoping against hope but I'll be a happy happy man if he gets picked for the WI tests atleast(Given up hope on BCCI- Praveen) I dunno why but I really like him.

Also Manee, I'm pretty sure it was you who informed me last year about Yuvraj turning into a **** fielder, looks like he got over it, was electric this WC. :cool:
Yuvraj's transformation in this WC has been one of the most astonishing things I've seen, not least his role with the ball. Just kept picking up crucial wickets without anyone understanding how he did it! :-O 2 wickets (of genuine batsmen every time) in each of the knockout games.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done India!

Because of my avatar, I am supposedly a Sri Lanka fan, which supposedly means I feel very upset. I will now attempt to do so.

Right so when's the IPL?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yuvraj's transformation in this WC has been one of the most astonishing things I've seen, not least his role with the ball. Just kept picking up crucial wickets without anyone understanding how he did it! :-O 2 wickets (of genuine batsmen every time) in each of the knockout games.
His bowling was going to be crucial to him, at the start of the world cup it was keeping him in the side. I think he was underestimated, most people were thinking India were tryng to "get away with" bowling him rather than turning to him as an option.

But he used that to his advantage, mixing it up and almost daring the opposition to try and do something rash. Really clever stuff. Not to mention how well Dhoni handled his change bowlers was outstanding - albeit with a little too much confidence in a couple of them :P.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody hell!!!!!!

What a party!!!!!

Champions!!!!!!!!

Gambhir you beauty and Dhoni what a occasion to perform.

Motm should have gone to Gambhir,but what the hell.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Also, I'm talking with the benefit of hindsight and a bigass world cup but I dunno what a certain R Ashwin did not to play either the semi or the final.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Checked the scorecard, so baffled over the team selections! No Ashwin, Herath, Mendis?! Whaaaaaaaat?!