• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dissector

International Debutant
What I love about this win the most is how the team handled the huge pressure of the knock-out games. Three games. Three tough opponents. Three second innings where India was 50-50 or worse and each time the team pulled through and won quite easily in the end. And India has done it so often in tests in recent years as well.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What was most remarkable about the match was the nervelessness while chasing a huge total in a WC final. Whatever happen to "always bat first in big games" and "pressure of chasing in big games". This is quite special.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
What I love about this win the most is how the team handled the huge pressure of the knock-out games. Three games. Three tough opponents. Three second innings where India was 50-50 or worse and each time the team pulled through and won quite easily in the end. And India has done it so often in tests in recent years as well.
This is a good point. When the quarter finals first started India's chances would've looked rather bleak. They've done well to take care of Australia, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. As I said, well deserved.

It's funny though. In my life as a cricket fan, I never thought I'd be content watching two events: 1) Anwar's 194 being surpassed and 2) India winning the WC. It's amazing how aging affects your priorities...oh and being betrayed by your favorite players.

Blaze 18

Banned
World Champions! Love you India. Very well played. To the Sri Lankan fans - Hard luck guys,someone had to lose.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What was most remarkable about the match was the nervelessness while chasing a huge total in a WC final. Whatever happen to "always bat first in big games" and "pressure of chasing in big games". This is quite special.
:thumbsup:

Amazing work by Dhoni, Kirsten, and Paddy Upton. You cannot understate the importance of this aspect of cricket.

R_D

International Debutant
OMG... so Happy right now.
Brilliant Captains knock by Dhoni... WAG.
Gambhir your are awesome and Kohli is going to be star :)

We are world CHAMPIONS.... Congrats to all Indian fans :happy::happy:

Yuvi .... i doubted you before the world cup but you have proven everyone wrong.. Fantastic world cup from him.
Sachin... so happy that he finally won the world cup :)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, indeed. No one's allowed to question Dhoni's captaincy ever again. Especially not Jono.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni can have no slips in the first over of the England vs. India test series coming up and I won't say a word :laugh:

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Its been a great day. Was in tears for few moments. I never thought i would be able to see this in my life time. But i did. Will never ever forget this night. It means so much as a fan of this team. And so very happy for Sachin. The master just deserved it. He carried the burden of this team for more than 20 years. Emotions Emotions Emotions!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Sachin, man, Sachin. Loving it for him. No 1 test team, ODI champions. YEAH!!!!

Awesome tours to England and Australia and he can retire a happy man :)