• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Final - India v Sri Lanka

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
I think that he said it was his relative who was an Aussie supporter or something like that who posted that one.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
I was thrown off by that as well but the "travel" in both users' "Location" field pretty much clears it up beyond doubt.
You surely can't just ban someone on a whim? Is there actual proof it is the same individual?

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I kind of agree with the notion in this thread.After the charged up India-Pakistan and India-Australia matches,this will be a pretty massive intensity drop for India.I don't expect that to pose a problem however.India will coast to victory tomorrow.Not a completely one sided final,but i don't expect this match to go down as a world cup classic.India will probably win by 5-6 wickets or 80-100 runs.

I mean no disrespect to Srilanka.They're a very good side,but Australia and Pakistan had more ability to challenge India because of their quality bowling attacks.And both of them could not beat India.Srilanka's bowling attack is not as lethal as Pakistan or Australia's,and if India could get the better of those two sides,then Srilanka won't be causing any problems.Srilanka has a great batting unit,but India's bowling attack is good enough to knock them over.Srilanka's bowling attack however,is not quite good enough to knock India;s batters over IMO.So India has the edge in both departments.
SL's attack is better than India's quite comfortably. The only question mark is.. in Indian conditions, our batsmen have comfortably handled them in the last 2-3 series. But then, I'm not sure if they had their full-strength attack in Malinga, Murali, Mendis available on those tours.

Daemon

WTF SL ARE INSANELY GOOD. Don't write them off, it's going to be an intense and good final have no doubt about it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Big advantage to India with Matthews out and Nehra probably likewise

Matthews provides sorely-needed depth to the SL batting lineup whilst Nehra is just rank - his replacement will be better whether it's Ashwin, Chawla or some random from the street

I don't know about the fans but any intensity drop by the players will result in only one outcome..

Sri Lanka are a damn good side.
Ranatunga will have to come out of retirement to make SL win . He was a mentally strong and had highlighted the fragile middle order as the weakness which dumbo jayawardene brushed aside

biased indian

International Coach
Big advantage to India with Matthews out and Nehra probably likewise

Matthews provides sorely-needed depth to the SL batting lineup whilst Nehra is just rank - his replacement will be better whether it's Ashwin, Chawla or some random from the street
do you have to post this i every single Indian match thread..FFS we defeated Australia because we where better team than them..even if all the of the 15 where some random from the street

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
do you have to post this i every single Indian match thread..FFS we defeated Australia because we where better team than them..even if all the of the 15 where some random from the street
Matthews is a huge loss and Nehra is rank

Sorry for stating the obvious

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
SL are big favourites as they are by far the best all-round side in subcontinental conditions in the comp

They have quality batsmen, bowlers and fieldsmen whilst India only excel in one discipline
They've upped their fielding quite a bit in this tournament.

I am going for SL but I think it's neck and neck, really.

Lostman

State Captain
Not looking good for SL, Mathews is so damn important to the balance of the side.
Only reason they brought in Randiv instead of Vaas, is they are expecting a spinning wicket and want to play 3 spinners.

Tharanga
Dilshan
Sanga
Jayawardena
Samaraweera
Silva/Kapu
Perera
Randiv
Malinga
Murali
Mendis

Borges

International Regular
India's best bet would be to go to either extreme in pitch preparation - either an absolute road that would make grown ups like Malinga and Murali cry, or one on which Harbhajan would be an absolute terror.

If it is a pitch with a reasonable balance (even by current ODI standards) between bat and ball, Sri Lanka who have much the better balance would be fancied. IMHO, of course.

Xuhaib

International Coach
ya quiet obvious ..hope you did watch the semifinal we played aganist Pakistan...he didnt look like a random from the street for me....
yea but this is like Imran Farhat guiding a 4th innings run chase last summer.A fluke performance by a crap bowler, agree with Social Nehra is rubbish.

Blaze 18

Banned
Out of interest, can India also bring in someone who's not in the squad to replace Nehra(like Sri Lanka have brought in Randiv)?

jeevan

International 12th Man
yea but this is like Imran Farhat guiding a 4th innings run chase last summer.A fluke performance by a crap bowler, agree with Social Nehra is rubbish.
Last summer in SL, Nehra outbowled Zaheer & Praveen Kumar (probably the 2 best ODI seamers in India right now) on a couple of occasions. And that is not even invoking his 6-fors - has at least a couple of those - earlier on. Against SL he has a reasonable record of taking wickets (SR of 33), which is the key tomorrow.

Borges

International Regular
Out of interest, can India also bring in someone who's not in the squad to replace Nehra(like Sri Lanka have brought in Randiv)?
I would presume that If Sri Lanka are allowed to replace an injured player, India too would be allowed to do that.

Don't see the Indian team management doing that, though if Praveen has magically regained his fitness there would be a strong case for bringing him in. Throughout the WC, this Indian team is playing with their cards very close to their chest. Indian players haven't mouthed off to the press of their own accord; their only press interactions so far has been restricted to instances where the ICC has mandated it. So I suppose we will never know for sure till the morning of the match.

vcs

Last summer in SL, Nehra outbowled Zaheer & Praveen Kumar (probably the 2 best ODI seamers in India right now) on a couple of occasions. And that is not even invoking his 6-fors - has at least a couple of those - earlier on. Against SL he has a reasonable record of taking wickets (SR of 33), which is the key tomorrow.
He was very good in the Asia Cup last year.