• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Jacket's 5-fer

Teja.

Global Moderator
is certainly the best performance of the WC for mine, comprehensively knocking out KO'B's murder of the English bowling.

LO bowling doesn't get better than this. WAG.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Better than KOB's knock? Games not even over yet, FFS. Riaz bowled well, don't get me wrong, but he took 5-40 odd in a total of 260. It's great, but not exactly something you don't see every day, unlike KOB's knock.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Must be remembered that it was not a typical ODI 5-fer where the bowler takes 2-3 wickets at the death. He was constantly taking the important breakthroughs through the match and keeping Pakistan in it. This is in the context of his team dropping a gazillion catches and their main bowler went for as many runs. Pakistan had no right to be in this game if not for Wahab's special performance

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's referring to the fact that he's likely (disclaimer: but not definitely) a cheating prick.

He was caught on video taking a jacket off Salman Butt (correct me if I'm wrong) which very likely had money inside the pockets that were directly related to spot fixing.

He managed to get off scott free due to no conclusive evidence. But the video is damning.

Test Match Sofa nicknamed him "The Jacket", and it has stuck.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
This guy should be banned too for his actions. Can't believe he is still playing. Akmal too and the Sydney fiasco.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Dale steyn 5-fer against India was also pretty good. That did have a pile of wickets at the end etc and assisted by brain dead batting from India, but what a start India had had in that game and to go from 260-1 to 297-all out was quite remarkable too...

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
He was cleared by Scotland yard, so no need to say he needs to be banned Tendulkar 200. Plus the guy is from a very wealthy family, he had no need to spot fix. As for the jacket, well he is good friends with Butt, so maybe Butt asked him a favour without him knowing.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which was the best bowling performance of the tournament? IMO, Malinga vs. Kenya, even though it was against a minnow. Six devastating yorkers.

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
He was cleared by Scotland yard, so no need to say he needs to be banned Tendulkar 200. Plus the guy is from a very wealthy family, he had no need to spot fix. As for the jacket, well he is good friends with Butt, so maybe Butt asked him a favour without him knowing.

Scotland Yard simply did not have enough evidence. Do you really think it was just Aamer and Asif? This problem runs deeper, who knows how many other matches had spot fixing. Even my Pakistani friends admit Akmal should be banned.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Akmal yes, but with Wahab, there wasn't really any evidence, so it's harsh saying that he should be banned. You are from the UK, where the law says Innocent until proven guilty.

indiaholic

International Captain
The best bowling performance in this world cup... Shame he didn't get the MOTM.

But comparing this to KOB is a bit too much.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Points for using his nickname in the title. I've tried to spread it here before with little success.

No points for the actual post content. O'Brien FTW.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Broad V Saffa was the best bowling performance of the cup and I'm not willing to negotiate on that

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Got pelters from Pak fans on here to suggest he not Shoaib should be playing in this WC... Riaz is expensive, wayward, swings the ball on ad-hoc basis but he takes wickets, bowls at a good lick and has a good tank. Pak's Mitchell Johnson.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Got pelters from Pak fans on here to suggest he not Shoaib should be playing in this WC... Riaz is expensive, wayward, swings the ball on ad-hoc basis but he takes wickets, bowls at a good lick and has a good tank. Pak's Mitchell Johnson.
I made that comparison ages ago; don't steal it from me. :p