Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Jacket's 5-fer

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    So the Mitchell Johnson comparison gains even more validity? Just needs one random series in SA where he manages to swing the ball into the right-hander and one home ground where he guns it once a year in Tests for people to start wondering when cloning was invented without anyone realizing.
    I guess it is the Pakistanis who have invented cloning (remember Asif - McGrath clone and Amir - Wasim clone). But in typical Pakistani fashion they have cloned Johnson instead of Tendulkar.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Was he actually bowling close to 150kph or was the speed gun ****ed up yesterday? Munaf bowled a couple of 140kph deliveries too, but they didn't seem all that quick.

he's usually in the 140-145 range not surprised if he cranked it up for the big game also Munaf was a genuine quick when he started maybe he was also putting in more.

School Boy/Girl Captain Tendulkar_200*'s Avatar
    He was bowling quick, Munaf was getting up to his old pace of 140kmph. You could tell he was bowling quicker just by watching without the speed gun. I doubt the speed gun was messed up because Zak and Nehra were still bowling 130ks

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    He looks pretty awesome too.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Was he actually bowling close to 150kph or was the speed gun ****ed up yesterday? Munaf bowled a couple of 140kph deliveries too, but they didn't seem all that quick.
    Very difficult to say. The Cricinfo speed gun has Munaf's 143.4kph delivery registered at 137kph. Cricinfo actually does not have Munaf going over 140kph at any point. Cricinfo has Riaz averaging at 140kph with a top speed of 147kph. The ball which the TV speed gun registered at 149kph was registered at 146kph by Cricinfo.

Take from that what you will...
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendulkar_200* View Post
    He was bowling quick, Munaf was getting up to his old pace of 140kmph. You could tell he was bowling quicker just by watching without the speed gun. I doubt the speed gun was messed up because Zak and Nehra were still bowling 130ks
    Indeed. The thing that the TV speed gun in the World Cup seem to be struggling with is picking up slower balls. It is often that a clear slower ball will register a similar or higher speed than a normal ball. Other than that, it appears to be reasonably consistent with Cricinfo, if maybe a few ks higher, generally.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Wasim has been working with him, so yes I think he will prove you wrong. According to Wasim he is capable of Swinging the new ball with good control. I'm sorry Salman I would rather go with Wasim this time.
    I would love it if he does prove me wrong.I'm not a fan of the guy,but with Shoaib out of the picture,Wahab will be assured of a place in the side for a while now.I'm also very curious to see how good Junaid Khan is.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Must be remembered that it was not a typical ODI 5-fer where the bowler takes 2-3 wickets at the death. He was constantly taking the important breakthroughs through the match and keeping Pakistan in it. This is in the context of his team dropping a gazillion catches and their main bowler went for as many runs. Pakistan had no right to be in this game if not for Wahab's special performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Points for using his nickname in the title. I've tried to spread it here before with little success.

No points for the actual post content. O'Brien FTW.
    haha.....agree......gun bowling but O Brien's was a better effort IMO. Full marks to Riaz for delivering under pressure though.

yeah I recall your "Jacket" posts. Looks like you aren't quite a marketeer

As an ODI bowler, He reminds me of an early 00s Waqar. Fast, Can bowl ****e but has a knack for taking wickets and taking more than one wicket in the same spell. Also, can swing the ball Irish consistently - unlike Mitchell. Definitely thought he had similarities to Mitchell Johnson as a test bowler though right from Dubai even though I reckon Wahab has potential to become a much better test bowler than Johners ever will be. It's easy to miss how seriously fast he is too. Looks a serious talent and I now really wish the jacket incident did not happen as I quite like the guy otherwise. He looks pretty awesome too.
    Actually he reminds me a bit of both Wasim and Waqar. Has a bit of similarities to both of them. I also find him to be more talented than Johnson. Has a better action too. Johnson't action seems as if he will find it difficult to maintain accuracy. Yeah and is probably the best looking guy in the Pakistan team at the moment.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Johnson's action seems as if he will find it difficult to maintain accuracy.
    Understatement of the year. Johnson's action consists of bowling with his arm at a different angle almost every ball. Completely unrepeatable.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Understatement of the year. Johnson's action consists of bowling with his arm at a different angle almost every ball. Completely unrepeatable.
    awta

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    I would love it if he does prove me wrong.I'm not a fan of the guy,but with Shoaib out of the picture,Wahab will be assured of a place in the side for a while now.I'm also very curious to see how good Junaid Khan is.
    Junaid Khan was hyped up to be almost as good as Amir. Surprised that he didn't get more chances in the WC.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    I was surprised too.I was pretty sure that Pakistan would play the 'unknown player' card on some team.But with the team heading to WI soon,and some senior players opting to rest,Junaid will surely get his chance.

if Junaid has as much potential Waqar would have given him game I am guessing Waqar was sold a dummy and when he finally had a look at him he wan not impressed and hence make him warm the bench.

How is this by Jacket????

YouTube - Perfect yorker by Wahab Riaz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information