• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Jacket's 5-fer

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would love it if he does prove me wrong.I'm not a fan of the guy,but with Shoaib out of the picture,Wahab will be assured of a place in the side for a while now.I'm also very curious to see how good Junaid Khan is.
Junaid Khan was hyped up to be almost as good as Amir. Surprised that he didn't get more chances in the WC.

salman85

International Debutant
I was surprised too.I was pretty sure that Pakistan would play the 'unknown player' card on some team.But with the team heading to WI soon,and some senior players opting to rest,Junaid will surely get his chance.

Xuhaib

International Coach
if Junaid has as much potential Waqar would have given him game I am guessing Waqar was sold a dummy and when he finally had a look at him he wan not impressed and hence make him warm the bench.

smash84

The Tiger King
Where do you guys get them from? How many fast bowlers have to be injured or banned before you run out of top quality pacers? Ridiculously rich reservoir of bowling talent, your country has!
well.....we think the same about India's batting now..........seriously our batting was never this dire..........but hell yeah the fast bowlers have been great..........incidentally the late swing in this delivery is so similar to the one that Yuvraj got in the semi-final. That too was such a beautiful delivery.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Where do you guys get them from? How many fast bowlers have to be injured or banned before you run out of top quality pacers? Ridiculously rich reservoir of bowling talent, your country has!
If you are that desperate we'll give you Sami if you give us Kohli or Pujara.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
if Junaid has as much potential Waqar would have given him game I am guessing Waqar was sold a dummy and when he finally had a look at him he wan not impressed and hence make him warm the bench.
But Junaid took 3 wickets against England in the warm-ups, out of which 2 were bowled. Plus he bowled both with the new ball and the old. I think he is good, but Riaz was ahead, that's why he wasn't given a chance.

salman85

International Debutant
Like Ravi Shastri once said "Shake a tree in Pakistan,and a new fast bowler will fall down"

Manjrekar made an interesting point in the India-Pakistan match.In Pakistan a fast bowler clocking anything below 135Km is not considered good enough.The minimum bar set for a fast bowler in Pakistan is pretty high,but we seem to have an abundance of talent.Attitude towards cricket,cricketing heroes etc,it all plays a role in how many young kids start playing cricket aspiring to become Imran,Wasim and Waqar,and how many eventually end up becoming top drawer.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wtf happened to Anwar Ali.

You can't put on a bowling display like he did in the under 19 2006 WC final and then disappear for 5 years. That is criminal!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Anwar Ali is a domestic journeyman was a one trick pony hence never had a breakthrough season last I heard he was working on his batting to get in the side as an all rounder.

One again Manjrekar talking from his ass best Pakistani test fast bowler of the last decade rarely went above 130.

salman85

International Debutant
He lost his swing.Lost his speed.His decline was pretty rapid TBH.That performance exaggerated his potential a lot.

salman85

International Debutant
Anwar Ali is a domestic journeyman was a one trick pony hence never had a breakthrough season last I heard he was working on his batting to get in the side as an all rounder.

One again Manjrekar talking from his ass best Pakistani test fast bowler of the last decade rarely went above 130.
Asif is an exception.He's not a typical Pakistan fast bowler in terms of his bowling style..Gul/Shoaib/Amir/Sami/WahabRana/Iftikhar/Tanvir etc all clocked above 130 comfortably.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wtf happened to Anwar Ali.

You can't put on a bowling display like he did in the under 19 2006 WC final and then disappear for 5 years. That is criminal!
Jamshed Ahmed was better. Has he gotten any games recently, or is he still on the outside of FC cricket?

Xuhaib

International Coach
Jamshed Ahmed was better. Has he gotten any games recently, or is he still on the outside of FC cricket?
met him at a function few weeks back I think he's done with cricket has a full time job and takes classes in the evening.