• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Minister warns Pak cricketers not to indulge in match-fixing

angad

U19 12th Man
Interior Minister Rehman Malik warns Pak cricketers not to indulge in match-fixing

Islamabad, Mar 28 (PTI)

Ahead of their crucial World Cup semi-final against India, Pakitani cricketers have been warned not to indulge in any match-fixing by Interior Minister Rehman Malik who said he was keeping a ''close watch'' on their activities.

"I gave a warning that there should be no match-fixing. I am keeping a close watch. If any such thing happens, we are going to take action," Malik said two days ahead of the game in Mohali that will showcase one of the world's most intense sporting rivalries.

Malik said that though he was "sure the team has very clean members", intelligence is being gathered on the Pakistani cricketers, including "who are meeting them and the position of their telephones".

"This is necessary because we can't take a chance after what happened in London," he said, in a reference to a recent match-fixing controversy in Britain involving three Pakistani players.

Malik, who made the remarks during an interaction with the media in the port city of Karachi, also had some advice for the Pakistani players.

"Do your practise, sleep early at night and wake at the proper time. They should dedicate themselves to Pakistan for the match," he said.

There is a lot of excitement about the India-Pakistan clash in the World Cup semi-final, he said.

"There is a lot of love for the cricketers and we hope they will win the game for us. We expect they will not disappoint the people," he said.

Malik also welcomed his Indian counterpart P Chidambaram's remarks about adequate security being provided to the Pakistani team while in India in light of possible threats to the players.

He noted that Chidambaram had said special arrangements would be made for the game in Mohali, including the deploying of some 1,000 commandoes.

"I am sure of his (Chidambaram’s) capability. He is a man of wisdom and authority and has the capability to handle things well," Malik said.
Rehman Malik warns Pak cricketers not to indulge in match-fixing

:huh:

salman85

International Debutant
What this douche is actually saying :

"I gave a warning that there should be no match-fixing without my share of loot in it. I am keeping a close watch. If any such thing happens, we are going to take action"

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Malik is part of the corruption that is Pakistani politics. If he were in the team he would be best pals with Mazhar Majeed.

Flem274*

123/5
Big Brother is watching you.

Seriously, just **** off ****. As I understand it, you're as corrupt as Salman Butt. What the **** gives you the right to spy on eleven guys because they might be match fixers, especially when you're up to your eyeballs in corruption? What the **** gives you the right to spy on them full stop? It will be a sad day for human integrity if we're forced to spy on sportsmen to make sure they're not taking bets. I'd much rather trust them. if they hang themselves with the long leash, so be it.

LOL at this guys hypocrisy. Go put a triceratops up your arse.

Xuhaib

International Coach
this guy Rehman runs fake passport bracket in Pakistan one of the most despised guy after our current President.

Fusion

Global Moderator
What a ****. The guy is as corrupt as they come, works for the party of “Mr. 10%” and has the gall to give out this statement. A new low in hypocrisy. :@