• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohali gears up for the mother of all finals

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Oh, and my cousin inquired about tickets...apparently he was quoted $5000 US for three decent, not great tickets.

Yup, with three zeros.

Dissector

International Debutant
I really hate this attitude that the India-Pakistan game is more important than the final. It's not. Winning the world cup is what counts. India's 100% record against Pakistan in world cups really doesn't mean much given that most of those games weren't important.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not more important than winning the WC, but I won't deny that it's a pretty awesome record to have, especially when you consider that Pakistan have historically had the more talented and balanced teams. :cool:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I really hate this attitude that the India-Pakistan game is more important than the final. It's not. Winning the world cup is what counts. India's 100% record against Pakistan in world cups really doesn't mean much given that most of those games weren't important.
The world cup was over for me when we beat Australia. Wouldn't lose sleep if we lost to Pakistan.

salman85

International Debutant
In a way it is.As much as the teams deny it,as much as people might downplay the importance of this match,it is much more than just a cricket match.It's a matter of national pride.And with the history between the two countries,both pre and post partition,it's only natural for an Indo-Pak match being so important.Like it or hate it,but it's true.People from both sides of the border share this sentiment.And i see nothing wrong in it.This is what makes Pakistan India matches such a spectacle.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Indopak games lost their novelty after those series of games we played during 2004-2006. India-Aus is where its at these days.

salman85

International Debutant
Nah.

There will always be intensity between Pak-India matches.And whatever part of that intensity was taken off during the 2004-06 matches is now back stronger than ever because we haven't played each other in a while and also because of the recent political tensions between the two countries.

As exciting as Australia-India may be,it doesn't measure up to Pakistan-India.Nothing does in Cricket IMO.Ask people on either side of the border who they would want to play and beat in a WC final,and most of them would respond would the neighboring country's name.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Actually the matches between 2004-2006 were not that good also because the main Pakistan strength (their bowling) had lost much of its bite. Also they played each other too much during that time

jashan83

U19 Captain
The Mohali stadium is just 50 m from my house, but pity I will not be able to see the match. I had put my name in lottery of tickets but did not get them :( .

As said this is mother of all matches, it will have more following that Finals. The Winners would be Hero's and the loosers will have loads of abuses in their country.

I am too scared to even watch this match. I hope India wins on path to winning the world cup

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Indopak games lost their novelty after those series of games we played during 2004-2006. India-Aus is where its at these days.
To an extent yes. But come world cup I think the intensity is well and truly here. This the highest level two teams are meeting at in WCs. The T20 final was intense too despite coming in between lot of those insignificant matches between the 2 sides.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
The Mohali stadium is just 50 m from my house, but pity I will not be able to see the match. I had put my name in lottery of tickets but did not get them :( .

As said this is mother of all matches, it will have more following that Finals. The Winners would be Hero's and the loosers will have loads of abuses in their country.

I am too scared to even watch this match. I hope India wins on path to winning the world cup
50m? Climb on the terrace man :D

Xuhaib

International Coach
Actually the matches between 2004-2006 were not that good also because the main Pakistan strength (their bowling) had lost much of its bite. Also they played each other too much during that time
Not really the games were very competitive in tests India led 4-3 while Pakistan leads 13-12 in odi's, though I agree there was oversaturation of product.

Xuhaib

International Coach
lulz no...In 80's Pakistan & Westindies had a great rivalry however that did not mean India-Pak were not special during that period.India-Pak games will always have a special edge nomatter how many other new rivalries are created fot the two sides.