Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mohali gears up for the mother of all finals

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Oh, and my cousin inquired about tickets...apparently he was quoted $5000 US for three decent, not great tickets.

Yup, with three zeros.

Hope this stadium got fire marshall approval, must for a semi in India
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Oh, and my cousin inquired about tickets...apparently he was quoted $5000 US for three decent, not great tickets.

Yup, with three zeros.
    is that $1667 per ticket or $5000 per ticket???

Whatever it is it is too damn expensive
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    I didn't think the final was in Mohali.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

vcs
    TV zindabad.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    I really hate this attitude that the India-Pakistan game is more important than the final. It's not. Winning the world cup is what counts. India's 100% record against Pakistan in world cups really doesn't mean much given that most of those games weren't important.

vcs
    It's not more important than winning the WC, but I won't deny that it's a pretty awesome record to have, especially when you consider that Pakistan have historically had the more talented and balanced teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    I really hate this attitude that the India-Pakistan game is more important than the final. It's not. Winning the world cup is what counts. India's 100% record against Pakistan in world cups really doesn't mean much given that most of those games weren't important.
    The world cup was over for me when we beat Australia. Wouldn't lose sleep if we lost to Pakistan.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    In a way it is.As much as the teams deny it,as much as people might downplay the importance of this match,it is much more than just a cricket match.It's a matter of national pride.And with the history between the two countries,both pre and post partition,it's only natural for an Indo-Pak match being so important.Like it or hate it,but it's true.People from both sides of the border share this sentiment.And i see nothing wrong in it.This is what makes Pakistan India matches such a spectacle.
    Last edited by salman85; 27-03-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Indopak games lost their novelty after those series of games we played during 2004-2006. India-Aus is where its at these days.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Nah.

There will always be intensity between Pak-India matches.And whatever part of that intensity was taken off during the 2004-06 matches is now back stronger than ever because we haven't played each other in a while and also because of the recent political tensions between the two countries.

As exciting as Australia-India may be,it doesn't measure up to Pakistan-India.Nothing does in Cricket IMO.Ask people on either side of the border who they would want to play and beat in a WC final,and most of them would respond would the neighboring country's name.
    Last edited by salman85; 27-03-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Actually the matches between 2004-2006 were not that good also because the main Pakistan strength (their bowling) had lost much of its bite. Also they played each other too much during that time

U19 Captain
    The Mohali stadium is just 50 m from my house, but pity I will not be able to see the match. I had put my name in lottery of tickets but did not get them .

As said this is mother of all matches, it will have more following that Finals. The Winners would be Hero's and the loosers will have loads of abuses in their country.

I am too scared to even watch this match. I hope India wins on path to winning the world cup

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Indopak games lost their novelty after those series of games we played during 2004-2006. India-Aus is where its at these days.
    To an extent yes. But come world cup I think the intensity is well and truly here. This the highest level two teams are meeting at in WCs. The T20 final was intense too despite coming in between lot of those insignificant matches between the 2 sides.
    Last edited by ankitj; 27-03-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information