• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohali gears up for the mother of all finals

smash84

The Tiger King
Wasim's over to Rahul Dravid in the famous Chennai '99 Test should be added to the list IMO.
one of best overs of fast bowling in test cricket that you will ever see. Awesome stuff this one. Does anyone have the thrashing of Waqar at the hands of Jadeja in the 96 QF? That was awesome stuff. Incredible to say the least.

Xuhaib

International Coach
one of best overs of fast bowling in test cricket that you will ever see. Awesome stuff this one. Does anyone have the thrashing of Waqar at the hands of Jadeja in the 96 QF? That was awesome stuff. Incredible to say the least.
yeah saw that few days back and tbh felt underwhelmed I guess this happens when 300+ scores become the norm at that time it really looked like a serious phainty.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
My best Pak-Indo moment has to be Karachi 06 met my dad after 4 years decided to do a father-son bonding moment by going to the game within no time it became 39-6 and then the Akmal hundred followed by Asif's spell it was an unreal day which i will never forget.
Yeah good call. Was this also the match in which Tendulkar fell to the ground while getting bowled by Asif? A magic moment for sure.

The best moment that was won by Pak would be the Kolkata double strike by Akhtar for me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I really hate this attitude that the India-Pakistan game is more important than the final. It's not. Winning the world cup is what counts. India's 100% record against Pakistan in world cups really doesn't mean much given that most of those games weren't important.
I don't really care about ODIs and world cups, so take this with that in mind but if you give me a choice between knocking out Australia AND Pakistan in a world cup vs. winning a world cup, I'd take the former every single time. So for me, this would be the final, and I am slightly anticipating this match - which is as excited as I get for an ODI.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shoaib also bowled a magical spell at Kotla in the 4th innings in 2007, when India were chasing around 205. Cleaned Dravid up with a yorker, and India were suddenly 90/3. Sachin and Ganguly then hung in there and put on a partnership, and India eventually won by 6 wickets. Unfortunately, he was a one-man attack for Pakistan in that game.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shoaib also bowled a magical spell at Kotla in the 4th innings in 2007, when India were chasing around 205. Cleaned Dravid up with a yorker, and India were suddenly 90/3. Sachin and Ganguly then hung in there and put on a partnership, and India eventually won by 6 wickets. Unfortunately, he was a one-man attack for Pakistan in that game.
yeah for somereason its a very underrated test match pendulum swung both ways session by session basis had Shoaib had aleast one bowler to support him I reckon it would have been a close win for either side.

smash84

The Tiger King
Actually the 2007 series is not so well remembered in Pakistan because the bowling attack was quite **** except for Akhtar

vcs

yeah for somereason its a very underrated test match pendulum swung both ways session by session basis had Shoaib had aleast one bowler to support him I reckon it would have been a close win for either side.
It was a good game, but not cricket of the highest quality. Pakistan threw it away for mine, after making a good start to their 2nd innings, they really should have set a target of atleast 350. Their lower-order dismissals in that innings were laughable, complete gifts.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It was a good game, but not cricket of the highest quality. Pakistan threw it away for mine, after making a good start to their 2nd innings, they really should have set a target of atleast 350. Their lower-order dismissals in that innings were laughable, complete gifts.
I followed that whole series through cricinfo so I am not aware about the quality of cricket the series was a real snorefest barring the first game.

vcs

There will always be a special passion among the fans for this encounter, but the media coverage disgusts me. He is absolutely correct about that. They shamelessly try to drum it up to a fever pitch.

Shri

Mr. Glass
You are all so naive and go to great lengths to sound diplomatic/politically correct. This is what makes the Ind-Pak games special, if you don't like it, you can turn your tvs off. Chopra is a fail opener who writes a lot of crap when he isn't analyzing the game. Stick to tactics discussion Chopra ffs.

smash84

The Tiger King
Akash Chopra writes in this article

"And believe me, the Pakistan cricketers, who are otherwise a friendly lot, don't forget to remind us about the repercussions of a possible loss during an event. While they envy the status our cricketers enjoy, they're happy that their country receives a loss in a much better fashion. "

Really????

smash84

The Tiger King
You are all so naive and go to great lengths to sound diplomatic/politically correct. This is what makes the Ind-Pak games special, if you don't like it, you can turn your tvs off. Chopra is a fail opener who writes a lot of crap when he isn't analyzing the game. Stick to tactics discussion Chopra ffs.
awta

However I'll agree with VCS here that some of the Indian media coverage before the SF was plain appalling to say the least. Especially that "black stone" news story was lolworthy :)

vcs

I think Harbhajan's ball to Umar Akmal can be added to the unforgettable India-Pakistan moments that have been listed by Ankit. Also Wahab's back to back wickets of Kohli and Yuvraj. And Gul's 21 run over to Sehwag.

smash84

The Tiger King
that Wahab Riaz delivery to Yuvi was plain outstanding.

Riaz WAG. Performing on the big stage. The guy seems to have real talent.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, "sound diplomatic". Excuse me if we prefer the Indian media doesn't treat the opposition like ****.

Daemon

that Wahab Riaz delivery to Yuvi was plain outstanding.

Riaz WAG. Performing on the big stage. The guy seems to have real talent.
Good thinking of him to bowl a yorker to Yuvi first up, but tbf it was still a full toss. Albeit a fast, swinging one, but still one level short of being outstanding imo

Daemon

Lol, "sound diplomatic". Excuse me if we prefer the Indian media doesn't treat the opposition like ****.
Yeah, cringe every time the media mocks the Pakistani team. Also, I went to this bar to watch the game where loads of Indians kept shouting match fixing etc etc when Gul was bowling and Misbah was batting. It was funny for a while until I realised they weren't even joking. I actually heard serious discussions going on about match fixing every time Pakistan did something wrong in the field..