• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semi Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
Talking from my NZ fan perspective, While I'm happy with how NZ have done in this tournament in general, I'm not particularly pleased with yesterday tbh. The tremendous batting lolapse when 240-260 was there for the taking, not opening the bowling with Southee and McKay and a few other bowling change errors were really annoying. Those might/might not have changed the end result but you try as hard as you can! A bit surprised with how 'happy' the NZ fans are atm. :p
I'm pretty pissed at the collapse, but they're almost expected now so I wasn't surprised.

Four more years...

Flem274*

123/5
Might be left field but Williamson's dismissal was the key moment for mine. He was treating SL's spinners with disdain. I actually thought he might do an Inzi and get us home to a very good score.

Gutted Williamson will never play Murali in tests. That would have been awesome. Williamson vs Swann still to come though, and whichever freak of nature SL replace Murali with.

Can't wait for Williamson vs Australia's spin attack.:ph34r:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Firstly, I did say sometimes.

Secondly, I don't think that's so modern. Laxman's been doing that for 15 years.
And Viv was doing it 30 years ago etc etc. He scored 20 odd playing innovative cricket shots, he tried it one time too many, Malinga was too good on that occasion and he was brown bread. Just seems odd you blame modern batting given the way he played was the epitome of a modern batsman.

Howsie

International Captain
I think New Zealand fans were starting to have doubts about Kane Williamson but he looked class against Murali and Malinga when he can't of seen them much before. We have definitely found a gem.
Probably the same ones that were writing Tim Southee off at 21 :dry:

Of course Williamson's going to be fine, he's the best batsmen New Zealand's produced in a bloody long time. A few failures in ODI cricket in the SC wasn't going to change that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And Viv was doing it 30 years ago etc etc. He scored 20 odd playing innovative cricket shots, he tried it one time too many, Malinga was too good on that occasion and he was brown bread. Just seems odd you blame modern batting given the way he played was the epitome of a modern batsman.
I think you're taking me too literally and being a bit pedantic, but fair enough, I'll rephrase:

Williamson looked awesome when he kept his head still and stayed balanced. The minute he tried to do something a bit too fancy he was dismissd, and judging by his reaction, he knew he played a false shot.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
maybe williamsons fine at 6th over time and once comfortable with his role he could be our bevan. he showed glimpses of that type of player he just needs to stay til the end he got dimissed on sr of around 100 didnt he.

Last edited: