• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semi Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
A bloke walks into a brothel and says: "I'm a bit kinky, how much for total humiliation?"

The madam replies $60.

"Wow, what do I get for that?" he says.

She says: "A cap with a leaf on it and a New Zealand Cricket XI shirt."

(I'll get me coat...)
:laugh: where did u hear that?
Around 1986 is my bet.

Wonderful posts lads - who else is watching James, Strawman, Ed, Mike, Howsie, KN?
I've got work tomorrow, and they';ll go better if I don't watch, so will check the result in the morning.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yes! Won't have to stay up all night only to have us collapse again now. It'll be pretty clear early on if we're in it with a chance.

Meridio

International Regular
Excellent news, though I it has turned my stomach into a festering pit of butterflies.

Any team news? Flatmates currently watching Go Girls, they will be kicked out in due course...

Edit: Ah, McKay in I see, thanks CW. Cricinfo going at snail's pace for me.

Last edited:

99*

International Debutant
Why is the Cricket Show still on, could have seen the toss. Heard some analysis from...... oh fair enough. :ph34r:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Watching this game as a neutral. SL is probs. the nicest team in WC and their captain is the one of my top 3 or so fav cricketers of all-time. NZ are a very likable side as well with the middle order as well as Southee (:wub:) being extremely talented. Also, If NZ wins, The patronizing ****s can shut the **** up. I won't be overly depressed if India lose out to eitehr side in the final. :)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Gnawing fingers off waiting for this match to start. Exciting!

As with South Africa, if we manage to not lose the match in the first 30-90 minutes of our batting innings, it should be a good game.

I really think it's the NZ batsmen who have to play exceptionally well today - I don't think a performance like we put in against SA will quite cut it. Our bowling and fielding should do a decent job but can't perform miracles.

McKay in - perhaps the NZ selectors are reading this forum...

Woodster

International Captain
Bad times for you NZ guys having to pull an all-nighter. I on the other hand have booked today and tomorrow off work for these semi-finals. Starts here at 10am, perfect.

Good toss to win you'd think for Vettori and NZ, now to post a challenging total. Andy McKay the only change to the two sides from their Q-F efforts, I like McKay, interesting change if this pitch is going to take some turn. Murali passed fit, glad about that, a game of this magnitude deserves all the best players to be available where possible.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would've played Woodcock TBH McKay's gonna get hammered IMO. Hope I'm wrong though especially since I quite like watching McKay bowl despite not thinking he's very good.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Gnawing fingers off waiting for this match to start. Exciting!

As with South Africa, if we manage to not lose the match in the first 30-90 minutes of our batting innings, it should be a good game.

I really think it's the NZ batsmen who have to play exceptionally well today - I don't think a performance like we put in against SA will quite cut it. Our bowling and fielding should do a decent job but can't perform miracles.

McKay in - perhaps the NZ selectors are reading this forum...
I told Woodcock would play the team in QF.. Many posters told I am talking ****
I told McKay would play the team in SF,,,,Many posters told I am funny...

This will be the winning team for NZ ... They will surely beat SL today

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Murali passed fit, glad about that, a game of this magnitude deserves all the best players to be available where possible.
Yeah. The paper this morning also said that, no matter what the result here, this is likely to be Murali's last ODI on home soil. So it would have been a shame if injury had forced him out.