• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semi Final 1 - Sri Lanka vs New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slugger

State Vice-Captain
sorry im convused is this the girl ^^^ that was in the commentary box.. dueing nz vs sa. I can only listen on radio cause im cheap, sky cost to much.

Howsie

International Captain
I'd be so tempted to play Andy McKay tonight. Unless the pitch is really suppose to take turn then I'd play him over both Luke Woodcock and then Darryl Tuffey.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
NZ fans, are you nervous or do you feel there's nothing to lose so you're pretty comfortable and just looking forward to the match?

Flem274*

123/5
NZ fans, are you nervous or do you feel there's nothing to lose so you're pretty comfortable and just looking forward to the match?
I'm just going to sit back and watch us make one more step towards world domination.

I'm worried.

99*

International Debutant
My stats lecturer is Sri Lankan and has been lording it over me since their win over us.

Have stats tomorrow. Want to be able to brag for the rest of the semester.

Flem274*

123/5
My stats lecturer is Sri Lankan and has been lording it over me since their win over us.

Have stats tomorrow. Want to be able to brag for the rest of the semester.
Presuming you're not a stats major and don't like stats, you already have bragging rights.

SilentOne

U19 12th Man

nervous?

We're playing one more game then I thought we would, if we lose tonight I just hope they go down fighting and not spectacularly bad like always.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I will get off the fence. Out of Woodcock Tuffey and McKay - i would play Tuffey. I think McKay will be tired from jet lag. He bowled in yesterday's practice on zero sleep apparently. Takes about 3 or 4 days to get over jet lag.

I reckon Tuffey has more experience that Woodcock and will be less overwhelmed by the atmosphere.

Hence Tuffey. Plus then people can post Tuffeh - tonight.

Really I am a bit meh over the selection - the person will only bowl 5 overs hopefully.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nervous?

We're playing one more game then I thought we would, if we lose tonight I just hope they go down fighting and not spectacularly bad like always.
Well that's why I am asking. I am wondering whether it's now a case of the team already exceeding expectations, so the NZ fans are already delighted. Or alternatively, they're in the semi now, they've got a capable team (albeit missing Mills), and there's strong belief that they can go one step further (and maybe two!).

Flem274*

123/5
I'm not just happy we got here tbh. I want us to prove a point tonight, instead of having to listen to "they fought hard and tried their best" after another limp performance in a semi-final.

Smash 'em NZ.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well that's why I am asking. I am wondering whether it's now a case of the team already exceeding expectations, so the NZ fans are already delighted. Or alternatively, they're in the semi now, they've got a capable team (albeit missing Mills), and there's strong belief that they can go one step further (and maybe two!).
For me because we have lost so many semis before I figure we have to win one eventually. Gamblers fallacy I know. I am not nervous just full of anticipation. If we had a 50% chance of winning then I would be nervous but we are underdogs.

Looks like our team is making a big deal out of playing on a used wicket. I reckon we should just pick a team to play to the conditions and stop thinking about it. Vettori was almost insinuating something suspicious was afoot in his interview.