Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76

Thread: New Zealand is better than Australia

  1. #1
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,184

    New Zealand is better than Australia

    For truths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  2. #2
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,676
    I take it this is just a good natured ribbing - and some cross tasman rivalry.

    Still reckon it is bad karma and jinxing us.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

  3. #3
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    away from the palms
    Posts
    6,308
    Exit pursuing a beer

  4. #4
    International Regular stephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    aus
    Posts
    3,773
    I like that New Zealand pull off their biggest win against one of the strongest teams and instead of celebrating their win they try and draw illogical conclusions about how this makes them better than Australia. Guys, we basically were the ones to invent the label "South African chokers".


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,676
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    I like that New Zealand pull off their biggest win against one of the strongest teams and instead of celebrating their win they try and draw illogical conclusions about how this makes them better than Australia. Guys, we basically were the ones to invent the label "South African chokers".
    Mate`I don't think - or at least I hope - there was nothing too serious about this thread. Just some banter.

  6. #6
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,184
    The real crux of the matter is; Does Michael Clarke have 20,000 songs on his playlist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Ryder
    I have got loads of songs on my computer - about 20,000.
    Jesse Ryder: 'When I start thinking too much, I'm in trouble' | Specials | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,676
    Also has Mike Hussey been playing table tennis to sharpen up his game like Kane Williamson has.

  8. #8
    International Regular stephen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    aus
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Mate`I don't think - or at least I hope - there was nothing too serious about this thread. Just some banter.
    Of course, I was just giving it back

  9. #9
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    away from the palms
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Also has Mike Hussey been playing table tennis to sharpen up his game like Kane Williamson has.
    It's bull****. Blowing those bubbles mid-shot is the key factor IMO.

  10. #10
    Cricketer Of The Year Bahnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Posts
    7,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    The real crux of the matter is; Does Michael Clarke have 20,000 songs on his playlist?



    Jesse Ryder: 'When I start thinking too much, I'm in trouble' | Specials | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo
    Love that quote they used in the Headline. Of the myriad of problems that big Jess has had throughout his career, I wouldn't necessarily say that thinking too much has ever been one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

  11. #11
    International Coach KiWiNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In the kitchen
    Posts
    10,588
    Obviously.

  12. #12
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    International Coach vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,305
    In all seriousness, like Flem said, this is a very good Kiwi side that has been underperforming for a while (and struggling in subcontinent conditions). One look at their batting depth, Mills and Vettori performing like world-class ODI bowling allrounders for a while, and the improvement of Southee into a proper strike + death bowler makes them a very dangerous side indeed. That they are performing at this level should not surprise anyone too much. They have certainly picked the right time to lift their performance levels to match their ability.

  13. #13
    Global Moderator Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Blood Rainbow
    Posts
    32,181
    It wasn't too long ago they were the second ranked side in the world and consistently either beating us or giving us a serious run for our money - back when we were awesome.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +


    get ready for a broken ****in' arm

  14. #14
    Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Stopping the AFL spreading to NZ
    Posts
    9,676
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    In all seriousness, like Flem said, this is a very good Kiwi side that has been underperforming for a while (and struggling in subcontinent conditions). One look at their batting depth, Mills and Vettori performing like world-class ODI bowling allrounders for a while, and the improvement of Southee into a proper strike + death bowler makes them a very dangerous side indeed. That they are performing at this level should not surprise anyone too much. They have certainly picked the right time to lift their performance levels to match their ability.
    Flem has indeed returned to the fold - don't leave our side next time Flem. We still always had the same team. We basically live and die off the back of Ross Taylor. When he went out of form we died. He is slowly getting it back and we are starting to pick up. Just need Styris to perform and McCullum to have a lucky day and we should be good to go.

  15. #15
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl;lsFJg/s
    Posts
    28,184
    Your unintelligent comments are banned in this thread.

    Here is proof Kyle Mills can walk on air.





    Because water is more dense than air, Kyle Mills has exceeded Jesus's feats and will now be taking over Jesus's position as Son of God.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 19-01-2010, 04:55 PM
  2. Australia v Pakistan Tests
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 02:02 AM
  3. ***Official***Ashes 2009 in England
    By dossa in forum Ashes 2009
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-05-2009, 12:32 AM
  4. Australia under 19 vs india under 19
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 13-04-2009, 07:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •