• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand is better than Australia

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I take it this is just a good natured ribbing - and some cross tasman rivalry.

Still reckon it is bad karma and jinxing us.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like that New Zealand pull off their biggest win against one of the strongest teams and instead of celebrating their win they try and draw illogical conclusions about how this makes them better than Australia. Guys, we basically were the ones to invent the label "South African chokers".

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I like that New Zealand pull off their biggest win against one of the strongest teams and instead of celebrating their win they try and draw illogical conclusions about how this makes them better than Australia. Guys, we basically were the ones to invent the label "South African chokers".
Mate`I don't think - or at least I hope - there was nothing too serious about this thread. Just some banter.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Also has Mike Hussey been playing table tennis to sharpen up his game like Kane Williamson has.:ph34r:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In all seriousness, like Flem said, this is a very good Kiwi side that has been underperforming for a while (and struggling in subcontinent conditions). One look at their batting depth, Mills and Vettori performing like world-class ODI bowling allrounders for a while, and the improvement of Southee into a proper strike + death bowler makes them a very dangerous side indeed. That they are performing at this level should not surprise anyone too much. They have certainly picked the right time to lift their performance levels to match their ability.

Spark

Global Moderator
It wasn't too long ago they were the second ranked side in the world and consistently either beating us or giving us a serious run for our money - back when we were awesome.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
In all seriousness, like Flem said, this is a very good Kiwi side that has been underperforming for a while (and struggling in subcontinent conditions). One look at their batting depth, Mills and Vettori performing like world-class ODI bowling allrounders for a while, and the improvement of Southee into a proper strike + death bowler makes them a very dangerous side indeed. That they are performing at this level should not surprise anyone too much. They have certainly picked the right time to lift their performance levels to match their ability.
Flem has indeed returned to the fold - don't leave our side next time Flem. We still always had the same team. We basically live and die off the back of Ross Taylor. When he went out of form we died. He is slowly getting it back and we are starting to pick up. Just need Styris to perform and McCullum to have a lucky day and we should be good to go.

Flem274*

123/5
Your unintelligent comments are banned in this thread.

Here is proof Kyle Mills can walk on air.

Because water is more dense than air, Kyle Mills has exceeded Jesus's feats and will now be taking over Jesus's position as Son of God.

T-Dub

Cricket Spectator

Here is proof Kyle Mills can walk on air.

Because water is more dense than air, Kyle Mills has exceeded Jesus's feats and will now be taking over Jesus's position as Son of God.
I logged in after doing my usual lurking just to acknowledge how many lulz this brought me.

So stoked with the win. If South Africa B can win against SL I think it's game on. If we meet SL in the Semi, then I hope we've learned our lesson and studied how to pick the Murali doosra.

vcs

Kiwi ground fielding is a thing of beauty BTW. Guptill is surely the best ring fielder in the world right now. They close in like a pack of wolves. It was amazing how they pushed up the RR from a comfortable 4.3 or something when Kallis was there to 6.5 in a matter of 10-15 overs.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I presume this was aimed at me since I was the previous post above this comment.

I re-read my post and couldn't see anything offensive or unintelligent in it.

Possibly some banter when I said don't leave the fold next time.

Anyways best wishes to you,

Hurricane

Burgey

New Zealand should be the seventh state of Australia.

We'd get decent skiing and some of those Marlborough Pinots, you'd get a measure of relevance.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand should be the seventh state of Australia.

We'd get decent skiing and some of those Marlborough Pinots, you'd get a measure of relevance.
But what would happen to all the Kiwi jokes then if we were the 7th state...I forget one of them I heard..something along the lines of...

my brother is an alcholic and a convicted criminal
my father does hard drugs and steals money from the rest of us to support his habit
my mother cheats on my father and embezzles money from her company
And then there's Tara but we don't mention her because she's married to a New Zealander.