• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Run-outs - are they worth the risk ?

Run-outs - are they worth the risk

• Total voters

Engle

State Vice-Captain
There have been quite a few run-outs in this WC

Seems like the most of all the WC's, though I could be wrong.
The 1st one had 4 IIRC in the final against Australia vs WIndies.

The question is whether they are worth the risk

slugger

State Vice-Captain
its a worthy question, they say never run on a misfiled and there are certain players you should never run on.. I supprose Martin Guptil can be added to that list.

angad

U19 12th Man
No, not in India. Outfields are so fast, short boundaries. Sharp single is not worthy. If left and right hand batsmen on crease, then maybe considerable in attempt to annoy bowler.

I think run-outs in this WC are not related to great fielding, just inability to handle pressure, bad judgement, confusions. Croud noise and shifting in batting order also plays role.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I think you have to be careful. Against weak fielding sides and if you know the weak fielders, it may be worth chancing a direct hit if you need to up the run rate. Obviously though unless you're Mike Hussey...

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Everyone on here paid out the Dutch (and probably the other minnows) for not taking enough singles and creating too much unneeded pressure. Run outs happen, you're just noticing them now because it's not another meaninless ODI.