• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Absolute disgrace

Shri

Mr. Glass
First, it was between Faf, Vettori and Mills. By the look of things the matter was over quickly and Styris and Faf were having a laugh about it even before the next ball was bowled. Don't see an issue here. Love to see a bit of emotion on the field. They aren't robots.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Not saying this just because of this incident (althogh it does contribute), but I find this NZ team a really unlikeable bunch of people.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is this worse than the Pakistanis going at Haddin and the Australians going at Raina when they mistakenly (and stupidly) accused him of blocking the keeper?

All those incidents left a sour taste, but this NZ one isn't that much worse.

Though, the problem with this one from NZ was that Mills got involved. He wasn't even playing. GTFO Mills, That's crossing the line.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Is this worse than the Pakistanis going at Haddin and the Australians going at Raina when they mistakenly (and stupidly) accused him of blocking the keeper?

Though, the problem with this one from NZ was that Mills got involved. He wasn't even playing. GTFO Mills, That's crossing the line.
Raina incident was not all that bad really. This looks like an out and out attempt at bullying.and almost getting physical, 3-4 guys pushing and nudging one guy. Looks horribly ugly.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Don't think this is too bad tbh. The important thing is how the players involved feel and it was good-natured, IMO. None of the players really cared about it beyond the incident.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah having watching it again it does look a bit worse than the Aust vs. Raina incident.

But the fact Faf and Styris were joking at the end kind of makes it mehish.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Raina incident was not all that bad really. This looks like an out and out attempt at bullying.and almost getting physical, 3-4 guys pushing and nudging one guy. Looks horribly ugly.
The only push I saw was when Faf shoved Mills away.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Poor de Villiers.

EDIT: Watching that again, it really is a disgusting act by New Zealand. I mean I'm really disgusted by that behaviour. Horrible sportsmen really. Do they learn their manners from Ricky Ponting? Ban them for two games.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think there's definately a difference between having someone mouth off from behind the stumps to having 4 big guys crowd you out like that. But it's hard to see where you can draw the line. So long as Faf doesn't feel the need to bring up a personal complaint there's not much here to get excited about.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

It was Haddin who was going at the at our players and especially Younis. He was outraged at Afridi for using a review against the almighty Ponting. How dare Afridi do that :@

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No I'm not defending Haddin. Fairly certain I bagged the **** out of him in the match thread the minute the incident occurred.

I'm just saying that ultimately it's not the first time we've seen players around a single batsman. That's all.

salman85

International Debutant
Funny.I always thought NZ were a bunch of pussies.Maybe it's because they don't have as many ugly players in their team,which even makes their sledging look like a bunch of 17 year old girls arguing over who has the tighter mini skirt.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Funny.I always thought NZ were a bunch of pussies.Maybe it's because they don't have as many ugly players in their team,which even makes their sledging look like a bunch of 17 year old girls arguing over who has the tighter mini skirt.
:laugh: