• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Absolute disgrace

angad

U19 12th Man
I am wondering whether they have tried it on Afridi. Afridi may be smaller than Mills, Vettori and few others, but no one will like to exchange a punch with him.

Having said that love to see Afridi and Water boy having a go at each other.
Na, Afridi is a *****. :laugh: I remember on-field altercation with Gambhir, little guy hurled so many abuses to Afridi in Hindi/Urdu/English language which Afridi can understand, Gambhir gave it right back to him then and there.

IMO Dhoni comes across as confident and no-nonsense guy. IIRC Dhoni was intentionally blocked by fielder while trying to complete a run, he responded with ferocity of a tiger, dropped his helmet and bat instantly and started walking towards fielder. He does not sledge or pep-talk the batsmen as glovesmen usually do. But that doesnt mean he is pliable, laidback one. He also gave right back to Shoaib on his first tour to Pakistan.

From current Pakistan squad, only Wahab Riaz is genuine attitude guy, rest are wannabe.

Mike5181

International Captain
Na, Afridi is a *****. :laugh: I remember on-field altercation with Gambhir, little guy hurled so many abuses to Afridi in Hindi/Urdu/English language which Afridi can understand, Gambhir gave it right back to him then and there.

IMO Dhoni comes across as confident and no-nonsense guy. IIRC Dhoni was intentionally blocked by fielder while trying to complete a run, he responded with ferocity of a tiger, dropped his helmet and bat instantly and started walking towards fielder. He does not sledge or pep-talk the batsmen as glovesmen usually do. But that doesnt mean he is pliable, laidback one. He also gave right back to Shoaib on his first tour to Pakistan.

From current Pakistan squad, only Wahab Riaz is genuine attitude guy, rest are wannabe.
To be fair to the sub continent teams i think the sides like New Zealand, Australia, South Africa would absolutely dominate them if things were to get physical. The whole Gambhir thing i don't know. Do words equate to toughness?

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King

yeah but that didn't mean Afridi is a *****. Afridi gave back a few abuses to Gambhir in return as well. Obviously Afridi would never physically start beating somebody on the field otherwise Gambhir probably isn't the strongest guy on the field.

Agree with the Dhoni part though. Doesn't take too much from the opposition. Reminds me a bit of Inzy who was generally a very gentle person and Inzy didn't hurl a lot of verbal abuse to people but he could scare the **** out of the opposition when he wanted to and he didn't take too much from the opposition either.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, bit strange to call Afridi a ***** just because he didn't go and assault someone when he got abused. :laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King
To be fair to the sub continent teams i think the sides like New Zealand, Australia, South Africa would absolutely dominate them if things were to get physical. The whole Gambhir thing i don't know. Do words equate to toughness?
Aus and NZ probably but not too sure about SA.

Daemon

If things were allowed to get physical 90% of all dicks on the field would stop being such retards. Remaining 10% would eliminate each other ice hockey style. Best way to control the number of ****s in cricket imo

Flem274*

123/5
If smackdowns were made legal and added to wicket tallys, Kyle Mills would be out to double his ODI wickets in a year.

Whether he would become more injury prone in the process would make an interesting discussion.

But smackdowns would not make Kallis any less ****ing annoying to get out for most unfortunately.

Flem274*

123/5
Actually, legalized smackdowns has me thinking of the NZ side I'd pick, and it has very little to do with cricketing skill.:laugh:

That Luke Vivian from the 20/20s a couple of years ago might actually play test cricket.

Daemon

Actually, legalized smackdowns has me thinking of the NZ side I'd pick, and it has very little to do with cricketing skill.:laugh:

That Luke Vivian from the 20/20s a couple of years ago might actually play test cricket.
:laugh:

Can see the great Khali walking out to the middle for India

CricTsunami18

Cricket Spectator
The black caps finally got to step out of their inferiority complex by running him out. They should've kept their mouth shut. Cricket demands respect!