Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute disgrace

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    We win that award all the time despite Mills and the McCullum brothers, so it makes me very suspicious it's just an award to give to the little folks to make them feel included.

But with Southee attending the Kyle Mills Gentlemens Academy lately, (on top of the three above) if we win it this year it will confirm to me at least the award is a sham.

Who can really say, hand on heart, a team with Mills, McCullums, Southee and Styris (another grump) should be winning that award as much as we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    We win that award all the time despite Mills and the McCullum brothers, so it makes me very suspicious it's just an award to give to the little folks to make them feel included.

But with Southee attending the Kyle Mills Gentlemens Academy lately, (on top of the three above) if we win it this year it will confirm to me at least the award is a sham.

Who can really say, hand on heart, a team with Mills, McCullums, Southee and Styris (another grump) should be winning that award as much as we do?
    Yeah, true, but you'd trade ten of them for a WC QF win vs. SA.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah, true, but you'd trade ten of them for a WC QF win vs. SA.
    Exactly. I hate winning that award. Feels like a pat on the head.

Besides, unlike Baz, Mills backs up what he says with world class performances. Need more awesomely good arrogant pricks in the NZ team.

And it's funny seeing a 130kph seamer carry on like a 150kph seamer.

Over-reaction of the year.

Faf just took exception to what "angry man" Mills said and gave him a shove. And a couple NZ came in to settle things down. They were laughing in the end, so is there really a big deal?

That sort of chirping at the batsman has gone on for ever.
    Maybe Mills being 12th man wasn't on, but thats about it. The notion that bans should be handed out is pretty hilarious.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_opener View Post
    lol at people describing this as a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    total and complete meh from me.
    +1

I mean even Vettori was getting stuck in and he's one of the most mild-mannered cricketers in the world. In such a critical situation (a wicket had just fallen) in such an important match, if someone makes such a monumentally costly ****up like du Plessis did, you'd expect a team to let him know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Over-reaction of the year.

Faf just took exception to what "angry man" Mills said and gave him a shove. And a couple NZ came in to settle things down. They were laughing in the end, so is there really a big deal?

That sort of chirping at the batsman has gone on for ever.
    Maybe Mills being 12th man wasn't on, but thats about it. The notion that bans should be handed out is pretty hilarious.
    Only Francis wanted bans iirc. And every long time NZ poster knows what he's like.

Francis; Fair and Balanced

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    McCullum's can be pretty dire. Brendon's run out of Murali was lame and embarrassing /beatingdeadhorses

We are disgraceful when we play Bangers for some reason. We feel we can intimidate them into the ground. When we are supposed to be teaching them about cricket.

Even if it is crickets version of the 'most improved player' award - they wouldn't give it to us if we were jerks. Apart from the odd bit of cheating - and Mills - and disgracing ourselves against Bangers - I used to think we were deserving winners.

It is a sham if we win it this year however agreed.

BTW Tim Southee's cousin sits beside me at work. So I have to be careful about anything I say about him to her. She visits with his parents.

I told her yesterday that the hopes of a nation were riding on his shoulders.

Anyways who else would you give it to - it is us or SL really. England mixed it up with a calculated sledging campaign in the Ashes - which I thoroughly approved of. Australia are automatically out just because of the fact they are Australia. South Africa aren't bad but have their moments. India have people that called other people a monkey. The list goes on. We are always a strong contender for it. Just not this year because of this Mills generated incident.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Only Francis wanted bans iirc. And every long time NZ poster knows what he's like.

Francis; Fair and Balanced
    The OP
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    This is so shocking and disgraceful. I haven't seen this kind of bullying ever, and it looks totally unprovoked. Come on, this is not soccer. At least 3 match ban should be slapped on all guilty ones there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    The most vicious I've ever seen Vettori
    You should have seen him after Collingwoodyoustupid****-gate. When Sidebottom and Elliott collided mid pitch, England run out Elliot and Collingwood doesn't call him back. Vettori went absolutely ape **** when we came back to win it.

I'm waiting for TH to turn up. Prime opportunity for him to grind his favourite axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    McCullum's can be pretty dire. Brendon's run out of Murali was lame and embarrassing /beatingdeadhorses

We are disgraceful when we play Bangers for some reason. We feel we can intimidate them into the ground. When we are supposed to be teaching them about cricket.

Even if it is crickets version of the 'most improved player' award - they wouldn't give it to us if we were jerks. Apart from the odd bit of cheating - and Mills - and disgracing ourselves against Bangers - I used to think we were deserving winners.

It is a sham if we win it this year however agreed.

BTW Tim Southee's cousin sits beside me at work. So I have to be careful about anything I say about him to her. She visits with his parents.

I told her yesterday that the hopes of a nation were riding on his shoulders.

Anyways who else would you give it to - it is us or SL really. England mixed it up with a calculated sledging campaign in the Ashes - which I thoroughly approved of. Australia are automatically out just because of the fact they are Australia. South Africa aren't bad but have their moments. India have people that called other people a monkey. The list goes on. We are always a strong contender for it. Just not this year because of this Mills generated incident.
    Hmm, the only time England really turned up the sledging was at Perth. Where they got hammered.

At the end of the day, they're playing for their country on a massive scale under immense pressure, and you expect emotions to run high.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Total and complete meh from me.
    Yup, add a 'meh' for me too.

Bunch of chicks anyone who thinks this is any sort of deal whatsoever.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Nothing even happened, how disappointing.
    Direbirds FTW!

Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Apart from Mills being a tit, again, I don't see anything untoward there at all. Don't see what the OP is on about really.

vcs
    Pretty poor stuff, not on.

But in saying that, it's nice to see our lot get in a scrap instead of being shall we say, too nice like we usually are.

Besides, now we can finally get that ****ing spirit of cricket award chucked to another team for a change. **** I hate us getting that award. Give it to Ponting for ironys sake.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information