• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Absolute disgrace

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's what passes for a fight these days? I've seen more violent altercations between the members of my grandmother's knitting circle.

The only thing wrong I saw in that was Mills being a dick and mouthing off to du Plessis who takes exception and gives him a shove. Big whoop.
Mills wasn't even playing and had no right to be mouthing off at du Plessis. Fine him 50% of his match fee (which is 0 because he didn't play).
:laugh:

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean now that I think of it, in wider context, I agree with Flem. NZers are just as competitive and willing to give lip as us or anyone else, but it's hard to sledge when you're losing. It's just patronising.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You should have seen him after Collingwoodyoustupid****-gate. When Sidebottom and Elliott collided mid pitch, England run out Elliot and Collingwood doesn't call him back. Vettori went absolutely ape **** when we came back to win it.
Actually I do remember that haha, good point.

Mike5181

International Captain
LOL at some of these posters. Most of their teams have had their fair share of this sort of stuff before. Hardly a disgrace.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm waiting for Hurricane to post n00dz of Tim Southee's female cousin that he works with, itbt.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
In the aftermath of the match I may have overreacted (I really did want SA to win) but I maintain that this the worst behaviour I have seen on cricket field. Even the Miandad - Lillee incident was lolworthy. But here 3-4 guys ganging up on one man is the kind of hooliganism that should have no place in cricket. And I for one think that it takes pussies and not "men" to gang up like that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
We win that award all the time despite Mills and the McCullum brothers, so it makes me very suspicious it's just an award to give to the little folks to make them feel included.

But with Southee attending the Kyle Mills Gentlemens Academy lately, (on top of the three above) if we win it this year it will confirm to me at least the award is a sham.

Who can really say, hand on heart, a team with Mills, McCullums, Southee and Styris (another grump) should be winning that award as much as we do?
I dunno about the others, but I think Scotty's a sweetheart. When he's been on Cricket AM (magazine program) up here he's come across as funny and good-natured with a nice line in self-deprecation.

Flem274*

123/5
I dunno about the others, but I think Scotty's a sweetheart. When he's been on Cricket AM (magazine program) up here he's come across as funny and good-natured with a nice line in self-deprecation.
Seen him get grumpy on the field a few times. Nothing on Mills, but he seems pretty competitive and lets the opposition know about it.

Good player in world cups too. This one has been a quiet one for him, but still has a chance to make a mark on his last world cup.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
In the aftermath of the match I may have overreacted (I really did want SA to win) but I maintain that this the worst behaviour I have seen on cricket field. .
Good to know that you condone fast bowlers shoulder-charging umpires then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
But with Southee attending the Kyle Mills Gentlemens Academy lately, (on top of the three above) if we win it this year it will confirm to me at least the award is a sham.
I find the photo of Southee below during the incident hilarious.