• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Absolute disgrace

BeeGee

International Captain
That's what passes for a fight these days? I've seen more violent altercations between the members of my grandmother's knitting circle.

The only thing wrong I saw in that was Mills being a dick and mouthing off to du Plessis who takes exception and gives him a shove. Big whoop.
Mills wasn't even playing and had no right to be mouthing off at du Plessis. Fine him 50% of his match fee (which is 0 because he didn't play).

Last edited:

R_D

International Debutant
Don't think it was a fight... I'm all up for sledging and all but 3 or 4 playersurrounding a guy like that is just not on for me.... Physical intimidation.
Credit to Faf he did look very determined after this incidence... If rest of the batsman hadn't decided to lose their heads... He might have been able to take SA to safety.. Did it against India as well...

This is the type of behavior you normally don't expect from NZ team.... Personally I would like it If India win the spirit of cricket award.... With dicks like Bhajji and Sreesanth.. We don't stand a chance.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well I do like it when we win the spirit of cricket award. We play the game as gentlemen - usually - I reckon Kyle Mills is just a tit as has been said in this thread by a number of people.

Fine take the award away from us this year we don't deserve to win it - based on that evidence.

Mills is always causing some type of ruckus - like I said in another thread if it wasn't for him we would be perpetual winners of the award.

Next best team for sportsmanlike after us is SL - so give it to them.

Flem274*

123/5
We win that award all the time despite Mills and the McCullum brothers, so it makes me very suspicious it's just an award to give to the little folks to make them feel included.

But with Southee attending the Kyle Mills Gentlemens Academy lately, (on top of the three above) if we win it this year it will confirm to me at least the award is a sham.

Who can really say, hand on heart, a team with Mills, McCullums, Southee and Styris (another grump) should be winning that award as much as we do?

Spark

Global Moderator
We win that award all the time despite Mills and the McCullum brothers, so it makes me very suspicious it's just an award to give to the little folks to make them feel included.

But with Southee attending the Kyle Mills Gentlemens Academy lately, (on top of the three above) if we win it this year it will confirm to me at least the award is a sham.

Who can really say, hand on heart, a team with Mills, McCullums, Southee and Styris (another grump) should be winning that award as much as we do?
Yeah, true, but you'd trade ten of them for a WC QF win vs. SA.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, true, but you'd trade ten of them for a WC QF win vs. SA.
Exactly. I hate winning that award. Feels like a pat on the head.

Besides, unlike Baz, Mills backs up what he says with world class performances. Need more awesomely good arrogant pricks in the NZ team.

And it's funny seeing a 130kph seamer carry on like a 150kph seamer.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Over-reaction of the year.

Faf just took exception to what "angry man" Mills said and gave him a shove. And a couple NZ came in to settle things down. They were laughing in the end, so is there really a big deal?

That sort of chirping at the batsman has gone on for ever.
Maybe Mills being 12th man wasn't on, but thats about it. The notion that bans should be handed out is pretty hilarious.

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean even Vettori was getting stuck in and he's one of the most mild-mannered cricketers in the world. In such a critical situation (a wicket had just fallen) in such an important match, if someone makes such a monumentally costly ****up like du Plessis did, you'd expect a team to let him know about it.

Flem274*

123/5
Over-reaction of the year.

Faf just took exception to what "angry man" Mills said and gave him a shove. And a couple NZ came in to settle things down. They were laughing in the end, so is there really a big deal?

That sort of chirping at the batsman has gone on for ever.
Maybe Mills being 12th man wasn't on, but thats about it. The notion that bans should be handed out is pretty hilarious.
Only Francis wanted bans iirc. And every long time NZ poster knows what he's like.

Francis; Fair and Balanced

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum's can be pretty dire. Brendon's run out of Murali was lame and embarrassing /beatingdeadhorses

We are disgraceful when we play Bangers for some reason. We feel we can intimidate them into the ground. When we are supposed to be teaching them about cricket.

Even if it is crickets version of the 'most improved player' award - they wouldn't give it to us if we were jerks. Apart from the odd bit of cheating - and Mills - and disgracing ourselves against Bangers - I used to think we were deserving winners.

It is a sham if we win it this year however agreed.

BTW Tim Southee's cousin sits beside me at work. So I have to be careful about anything I say about him to her. She visits with his parents.

I told her yesterday that the hopes of a nation were riding on his shoulders.

Anyways who else would you give it to - it is us or SL really. England mixed it up with a calculated sledging campaign in the Ashes - which I thoroughly approved of. Australia are automatically out just because of the fact they are Australia. South Africa aren't bad but have their moments. India have people that called other people a monkey. The list goes on. We are always a strong contender for it. Just not this year because of this Mills generated incident.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Only Francis wanted bans iirc. And every long time NZ poster knows what he's like.

Francis; Fair and Balanced
The OP
This is so shocking and disgraceful. I haven't seen this kind of bullying ever, and it looks totally unprovoked. Come on, this is not soccer. At least 3 match ban should be slapped on all guilty ones there. :@

The most vicious I've ever seen Vettori :-O
You should have seen him after Collingwoodyoustupid****-gate. When Sidebottom and Elliott collided mid pitch, England run out Elliot and Collingwood doesn't call him back. Vettori went absolutely ape **** when we came back to win it.

Spark

Global Moderator
McCullum's can be pretty dire. Brendon's run out of Murali was lame and embarrassing /beatingdeadhorses

We are disgraceful when we play Bangers for some reason. We feel we can intimidate them into the ground. When we are supposed to be teaching them about cricket.

Even if it is crickets version of the 'most improved player' award - they wouldn't give it to us if we were jerks. Apart from the odd bit of cheating - and Mills - and disgracing ourselves against Bangers - I used to think we were deserving winners.

It is a sham if we win it this year however agreed.

BTW Tim Southee's cousin sits beside me at work. So I have to be careful about anything I say about him to her. She visits with his parents.

I told her yesterday that the hopes of a nation were riding on his shoulders.

Anyways who else would you give it to - it is us or SL really. England mixed it up with a calculated sledging campaign in the Ashes - which I thoroughly approved of. Australia are automatically out just because of the fact they are Australia. South Africa aren't bad but have their moments. India have people that called other people a monkey. The list goes on. We are always a strong contender for it. Just not this year because of this Mills generated incident.
Hmm, the only time England really turned up the sledging was at Perth. Where they got hammered.

At the end of the day, they're playing for their country on a massive scale under immense pressure, and you expect emotions to run high.

JBH001

International Regular
Apart from Mills being a tit, again, I don't see anything untoward there at all. Don't see what the OP is on about really.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty poor stuff, not on.

But in saying that, it's nice to see our lot get in a scrap instead of being shall we say, too nice like we usually are.

Besides, now we can finally get that ****ing spirit of cricket award chucked to another team for a change. **** I hate us getting that award. Give it to Ponting for ironys sake.
:laugh: