Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Oh get off the damn high horses ffs. If I want to watch a bunch of robots bowling and batting I'd buy a bloody video game. Show some passion already, I'm totally with the NZ guys here. A word in the ear and a bit of mind games just makes for better viewing and makes a tough game really exciting with a bit of an edge. Some of the comments here sound like a few blokes have had it rough in the school ground. Come on, these are grown men, they can take a bit of banter without bursting into tears.
    Basically, this:

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Hmmm - never quite bought into the idea that players who don't indulge in this sort of stuff aren't emotional enough / aren't personalities / aren't committed enough / etc, but I know I'm in a minority with that particular view.
    Trash this talk of being men etc etc. It just makes for very, very ugly viewing. There is lot of other banter on cricket field that just makes me laugh.

I don't particularly have much of a definite veiw on what happened today, but I'm utterly baffled as to how people can think that "showing passion" is impossible without trying to indimidate the opposition. Two very different ideas.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I don't particularly have much of a definite veiw on what happened today, but I'm utterly baffled as to how people can think that "showing passion" is impossible without trying to indimidate the opposition. Two very different ideas.
    Just saying there is nothing wrong with intimidating the opposition a bit. My examples: Fred Trueman, Curtly Ambrose, Malcolm Marshall, Glenn McGrath, etc. These guys were no poster boys and definitely gave the game a bit more excitement when they gave the batsmen a bit of glare and a nasty bit of attitude. The game has always been better for it.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Just saying there is nothing wrong with intimidating the opposition a bit..

Nothing wrong with this, we all like a bit of it. But there's a big difference between chirping and glares, etc., to 4 guys boxing in a smaller guy who is already out and trying to leave the field. Especially as one of the "intimidators" ran all the way onto the field to help. That's not "a bit of passion". Looked more like hooliganism and was downright ugly to see.

99*
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    What the **** is this:

YouTube - Fight Between Ab de villiers and five New zeland Players

This is so shocking and disgraceful. I haven't seen this kind of bullying ever, and it looks totally unprovoked. Come on, this is not soccer. At least 3 match ban should be slapped on all guilty ones there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    The more I see this, the more I wish a few punches were thrown.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jot1 View Post
    Nothing wrong with this, we all like a bit of it. But there's a big difference between chirping and glares, etc., to 4 guys boxing in a smaller guy who is already out and trying to leave the field. Especially as one of the "intimidators" ran all the way onto the field to help. That's not "a bit of passion". Looked more like hooliganism and was downright ugly to see.
    Du Plessis was not already out and not trying to leave the field.

Just seen it on the highlights, and total non-issue beyond the fact that Mills is a tit.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Pretty poor stuff, not on.

But in saying that, it's nice to see our lot get in a scrap instead of being shall we say, too nice like we usually are.

Besides, now we can finally get that ****ing spirit of cricket award chucked to another team for a change. **** I hate us getting that award. Give it to Ponting for ironys sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup View Post
    Du Plessis was not already out and not trying to leave the field.
    Sorry, you're right. Faf had just run de Villiers out. Styris was my hero here though, was good to see him joking with Faf afterwards.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jot1 View Post
    Sorry, you're right. Faf had just run de Villiers out. Styris was my hero here though, was good to see him joking with Faf afterwards.
    Are you a female poster?
    Last edited by Turbinator; 25-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    That's what passes for a fight these days? I've seen more violent altercations between the members of my grandmother's knitting circle.

The only thing wrong I saw in that was Mills being a dick and mouthing off to du Plessis who takes exception and gives him a shove. Big whoop.
    Mills wasn't even playing and had no right to be mouthing off at du Plessis. Fine him 50% of his match fee (which is 0 because he didn't play).
    Last edited by BeeGee; 25-03-2011 at 04:12 PM.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    LOL at people describing this as a fight.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

R_D
    Don't think it was a fight... I'm all up for sledging and all but 3 or 4 playersurrounding a guy like that is just not on for me.... Physical intimidation.
    Credit to Faf he did look very determined after this incidence... If rest of the batsman hadn't decided to lose their heads... He might have been able to take SA to safety.. Did it against India as well...

This is the type of behavior you normally don't expect from NZ team.... Personally I would like it If India win the spirit of cricket award.... With dicks like Bhajji and Sreesanth.. We don't stand a chance.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Well I do like it when we win the spirit of cricket award. We play the game as gentlemen - usually - I reckon Kyle Mills is just a tit as has been said in this thread by a number of people.

Fine take the award away from us this year we don't deserve to win it - based on that evidence.

Mills is always causing some type of ruckus - like I said in another thread if it wasn't for him we would be perpetual winners of the award.

Next best team for sportsmanlike after us is SL - so give it to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Total and complete meh from me.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information