• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Absolute disgrace

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think you're all missing the key bit in the video - the text at the bottom of the screen :D
Haha, they mentioned that about a million times on the telecast here. Even when they had only lost 3 wickets, the choking talk had started! :laugh:

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Funny.I always thought NZ were a bunch of pussies.Maybe it's because they don't have as many ugly players in their team,which even makes their sledging look like a bunch of 17 year old girls arguing over who has the tighter mini skirt.

Maybe they are. If it took 4 of them, one not even playing, so coming onto the field to help his mates, to intimidate one guy, who, by the way, is smaller than them.
What sort of message are these "heroes" sending to their many fans out there. Never expected this from NZ. Very poor show IMO.
Congrats NZ, apart from that incident, your guys did play way better than ours and deserved to win.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like we aren't a lock for the Spirit Of Cricket award this year. Maybe one of our players might actually win a real award for a change.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
After his hugely disappointing two seasons for Lancashire I had a few words I wanted to say to faf - looks like they've been said for me

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
First, it was between Faf, Vettori and Mills. By the look of things the matter was over quickly and Styris and Faf were having a laugh about it even before the next ball was bowled. Don't see an issue here. Love to see a bit of emotion on the field. They aren't robots.
Hmmm - never quite bought into the idea that players who don't indulge in this sort of stuff aren't emotional enough / aren't personalities / aren't committed enough / etc, but I know I'm in a minority with that particular view.

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
WTF was Mills doing?? He wasn't even playing. That was unnecessary. In the end Faf just pushed him away. AB came in after seeing this just to calm Faf down.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just watched the vid. That's what they call a fight these days? :laugh:

Unnecessary from Mills though - he's such an angry curly-haired man.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to admit, from the way it was reported on SSN up here I was rather let down by how innocuous it all looks. Bit of the old ultraviolence it's not.

It's not like they were actually having a swing at him. In fact the only physical contact I saw was du Plessis shoving Mills. "Mental disintegration" they call it, don't they?

Just personal taste, but I'd rather players have a pop when their "victim" can still shove their words down their throats than seen them give a bloke who's already out a send-off.

Himannv

International Coach
Oh get off the damn high horses ffs. If I want to watch a bunch of robots bowling and batting I'd buy a bloody video game. Show some passion already, I'm totally with the NZ guys here. A word in the ear and a bit of mind games just makes for better viewing and makes a tough game really exciting with a bit of an edge. Some of the comments here sound like a few blokes have had it rough in the school ground. Come on, these are grown men, they can take a bit of banter without bursting into tears.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Oh get off the damn high horses ffs. If I want to watch a bunch of robots bowling and batting I'd buy a bloody video game. Show some passion already, I'm totally with the NZ guys here. A word in the ear and a bit of mind games just makes for better viewing and makes a tough game really exciting with a bit of an edge. Some of the comments here sound like a few blokes have had it rough in the school ground. Come on, these are grown men, they can take a bit of banter without bursting into tears.
Basically, this:

Hmmm - never quite bought into the idea that players who don't indulge in this sort of stuff aren't emotional enough / aren't personalities / aren't committed enough / etc, but I know I'm in a minority with that particular view.
Trash this talk of being men etc etc. It just makes for very, very ugly viewing. There is lot of other banter on cricket field that just makes me laugh.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't particularly have much of a definite veiw on what happened today, but I'm utterly baffled as to how people can think that "showing passion" is impossible without trying to indimidate the opposition. Two very different ideas.

Himannv

International Coach
I don't particularly have much of a definite veiw on what happened today, but I'm utterly baffled as to how people can think that "showing passion" is impossible without trying to indimidate the opposition. Two very different ideas.
Just saying there is nothing wrong with intimidating the opposition a bit. My examples: Fred Trueman, Curtly Ambrose, Malcolm Marshall, Glenn McGrath, etc. These guys were no poster boys and definitely gave the game a bit more excitement when they gave the batsmen a bit of glare and a nasty bit of attitude. The game has always been better for it.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Just saying there is nothing wrong with intimidating the opposition a bit..

Nothing wrong with this, we all like a bit of it. But there's a big difference between chirping and glares, etc., to 4 guys boxing in a smaller guy who is already out and trying to leave the field. Especially as one of the "intimidators" ran all the way onto the field to help. That's not "a bit of passion". Looked more like hooliganism and was downright ugly to see.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nothing wrong with this, we all like a bit of it. But there's a big difference between chirping and glares, etc., to 4 guys boxing in a smaller guy who is already out and trying to leave the field. Especially as one of the "intimidators" ran all the way onto the field to help. That's not "a bit of passion". Looked more like hooliganism and was downright ugly to see.
Du Plessis was not already out and not trying to leave the field.

Just seen it on the highlights, and total non-issue beyond the fact that Mills is a tit.

Flem274*

123/5
Pretty poor stuff, not on.

But in saying that, it's nice to see our lot get in a scrap instead of being shall we say, too nice like we usually are.

Besides, now we can finally get that ****ing spirit of cricket award chucked to another team for a change. **** I hate us getting that award. Give it to Ponting for ironys sake.