Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Absolute disgrace

No I'm not defending Haddin. Fairly certain I bagged the **** out of him in the match thread the minute the incident occurred.

I'm just saying that ultimately it's not the first time we've seen players around a single batsman. That's all.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Sorry Jono, I thought you were implying that it was the Pakistani players who were ganging up on Haddin.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

It's just another world, isn't it?
    Haha, yeah it really is. Over here, if we can't settle our difference, we fight. And then share a beer afterwards. All get's solved.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Funny.I always thought NZ were a bunch of pussies.Maybe it's because they don't have as many ugly players in their team,which even makes their sledging look like a bunch of 17 year old girls arguing over who has the tighter mini skirt.
    Last edited by salman85; 25-03-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    Funny.I always thought NZ were a bunch of pussies.Maybe it's because they don't have as many ugly players in their team,which even makes their sledging look like a bunch of 17 year old girls arguing over who has the tighter mini skirt.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I think you're all missing the key bit in the video - the text at the bottom of the screen
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I think you're all missing the key bit in the video - the text at the bottom of the screen
    Haha, they mentioned that about a million times on the telecast here. Even when they had only lost 3 wickets, the choking talk had started!

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post

Maybe they are. If it took 4 of them, one not even playing, so coming onto the field to help his mates, to intimidate one guy, who, by the way, is smaller than them.
    What sort of message are these "heroes" sending to their many fans out there. Never expected this from NZ. Very poor show IMO.
    Congrats NZ, apart from that incident, your guys did play way better than ours and deserved to win.

Looks like we aren't a lock for the Spirit Of Cricket award this year. Maybe one of our players might actually win a real award for a change.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    After his hugely disappointing two seasons for Lancashire I had a few words I wanted to say to faf - looks like they've been said for me

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    First, it was between Faf, Vettori and Mills. By the look of things the matter was over quickly and Styris and Faf were having a laugh about it even before the next ball was bowled. Don't see an issue here. Love to see a bit of emotion on the field. They aren't robots.
    Hmmm - never quite bought into the idea that players who don't indulge in this sort of stuff aren't emotional enough / aren't personalities / aren't committed enough / etc, but I know I'm in a minority with that particular view.

WTF was Mills doing?? He wasn't even playing. That was unnecessary. In the end Faf just pushed him away. AB came in after seeing this just to calm Faf down.

Just watched the vid. That's what they call a fight these days?

Unnecessary from Mills though - he's such an angry curly-haired man.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Have to admit, from the way it was reported on SSN up here I was rather let down by how innocuous it all looks. Bit of the old ultraviolence it's not.

It's not like they were actually having a swing at him. In fact the only physical contact I saw was du Plessis shoving Mills. "Mental disintegration" they call it, don't they?

Just personal taste, but I'd rather players have a pop when their "victim" can still shove their words down their throats than seen them give a bloke who's already out a send-off.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Oh get off the damn high horses ffs. If I want to watch a bunch of robots bowling and batting I'd buy a bloody video game. Show some passion already, I'm totally with the NZ guys here. A word in the ear and a bit of mind games just makes for better viewing and makes a tough game really exciting with a bit of an edge. Some of the comments here sound like a few blokes have had it rough in the school ground. Come on, these are grown men, they can take a bit of banter without bursting into tears.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information