Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pakistan

35 50.00%
  • India

35 50.00%
Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Play Shoaib Akhtar at all costs.Expensive or not,past his prime or not,he gives you more than Wahab.Shoaib is a genuine wicket taker,and the best way to use him would be bowl him in two spells - Open the bowling with him,and then bring him on in the 30th over so he can make use of some reverse swing before the ball change.Afridi recently bowled him for 7-8 overs in his first spell against one of NZ or SA iirc,and he did fairly well.Using the same strategy would be good this time.There are so many reasons why he should be preferred over Wahab.Shoaib may be old,but he is still hostile and has a good record against India as it has already been pointed out.Wahab is just plain redundant with his line and length.It would be good if he could make the ball move in like Wasim or Amir,but he doesn't and keeps on bowling that slightly short length outside off.Also,unlike Shoaib he doesn't have big match experience which could prove very valuable in a match like this.

I would have said India before the tournament but now I get the feeling that it will be Pakistan so going with Pakistan in the poll
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

U19 12th Man
    Pakistan batting Line Up
    1. Hafeez
    2. Akmal
    3. Asad Shafiq
    4. Younis Khan
    5. Afridi
    6. Umar Akmal
    7. Misbah
    8. Abdul Razzaq
    9. Gul
    10. Ajmal
    11. Shoaib

Bowling
    Shoaib 8 Overs
    Razzaq 4 Overs
    Hafeez 8 Overs
    Afridi 10 Overs
    Ajmal 10 Overs
    Gul 10 Overs

4 each up front from Shoaib & Abdul Razzaq
    then mix it up with others

Quote Originally Posted by cricpk View Post
    4 each up front from Shoaib & Abdul Razzaq
    then mix it up with others
    IMO open with Shoaib and Ajmal. Good combination of pace and slow flighted deliveries. After that bring in Gul to tighten the screw.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    IMO open with Shoaib and Ajmal. Good combination of pace and slow flighted deliveries. After that bring in Gul to tighten the screw.
    But by not bowling Abdul Razzaq up front will mean Hafeez & Shoaib will have to bowl complete 10 overs.
    Razzaq needs to bowl 4 overs up front, he might end up getting Sehwag bowled or caught behind.

Sneak 4 from Razzaq in somewhere in the middle while the spinners are choking them on the other end IMO.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    I'd be tempted tp move Razzaq up the order - if he's being kept in for his batting more than his bowling, there's no point in him at 8 - and all three quicks. Drop Kamran, his brother can keep just as well. It'd mean there's less pressure on Hafeez to fiddle through 10 overs against better players of spin too.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Kamran won't be dropped.I have to be honest,i don't want him to be dropped anymore because of his batting alone,and i've also regained a bit of faith in his keeping.I know it won't last long,and he'll make a big blunder again,but i don't see that happening in this WC.

Razzaq could well move up the order.Afridi mentioned that in the toss against WI.I'm not sure how they'll do that though.Maybe move him in no.4 before Younis and Misbah?The top 3 won't change.

And if Shoaib plays,i have a feeling he won't open the bowling.Gul has done a splendid job opening the bowling.Shoaib will probably come in first change and bowl a lengthy spell so he doesn't have to bowl at the death.The ball won't be entirely new at the time,so he can make best use of the 'old' ball,or the comparatively old ball anyway.
    Last edited by salman85; 24-03-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    At the very least, he has to bat above Afridi now.

If a similar lineup is kept, I'm not sure whether Riaz or Soaib should play but I know which I'd rather watch.

Gul is just bowling like a dream right now. Needs three new ball overs, three reversing overs and four at the death.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 24-03-2011 at 02:52 PM.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Razzaq has to open the bowling because of Tendulkar.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I'd be tempted tp move Razzaq up the order - if he's being kept in for his batting more than his bowling, there's no point in him at 8 - and all three quicks. Drop Kamran, his brother can keep just as well. It'd mean there's less pressure on Hafeez to fiddle through 10 overs against better players of spin too.
    True but they will not drop Kamran Akmal & Razzaq will bat at 8. The only thing that might be changed is that Afridi might be coming up the order against India.

Kamran will open with Hafeez. They will stick with that opening combo.

Cant see any reasonable reason why Razzaq should bat higher than Shafiq, Younis, Misbah and U.Akmal either unless they need a pitch hitter for some unusual reason. Should definitely bat higher than Afridi though.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Fair enough. Forgot about Tendulkar.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Its going to be huge game...Of course want to see Pak win but if India bats first i dont know it could be a disaster for Pak...If India wins... Would like to see them win it all the way then...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information