• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
On a totally unrelated and inconsequential note, I wonder if this thread will have the biggest reply count of the tournament excluding the Final? The reply count on the Ind/Aus QF is unreal.
Sri Lanka vs Kenya had the low record for a match thread with a still decent 59 replies. This one already has 42.

BeeGee

International Captain
Pakistan to win this one. As long as they don't have any brain failures like Kamran dropping simple catches or the death bowling to Taylor.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan to win this one. As long as they don't have any brain failures like Kamran dropping simple catches or the death bowling to Taylor.
depends a lot on how well india's middle order plays.........their top order has played well throughout........the middle order is a concern..........

the toss will be crucial i think........Anything above 200 is always a herculean task for Pakistan to chase

salman85

International Debutant
Play Shoaib Akhtar at all costs.Expensive or not,past his prime or not,he gives you more than Wahab.Shoaib is a genuine wicket taker,and the best way to use him would be bowl him in two spells - Open the bowling with him,and then bring him on in the 30th over so he can make use of some reverse swing before the ball change.Afridi recently bowled him for 7-8 overs in his first spell against one of NZ or SA iirc,and he did fairly well.Using the same strategy would be good this time.There are so many reasons why he should be preferred over Wahab.Shoaib may be old,but he is still hostile and has a good record against India as it has already been pointed out.Wahab is just plain redundant with his line and length.It would be good if he could make the ball move in like Wasim or Amir,but he doesn't and keeps on bowling that slightly short length outside off.Also,unlike Shoaib he doesn't have big match experience which could prove very valuable in a match like this.

smash84

The Tiger King
I would have said India before the tournament but now I get the feeling that it will be Pakistan so going with Pakistan in the poll

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Pakistan batting Line Up
1. Hafeez
2. Akmal
3. Asad Shafiq
4. Younis Khan
5. Afridi
6. Umar Akmal
7. Misbah
8. Abdul Razzaq
9. Gul
10. Ajmal
11. Shoaib

Bowling
Shoaib 8 Overs
Razzaq 4 Overs
Hafeez 8 Overs
Afridi 10 Overs
Ajmal 10 Overs
Gul 10 Overs

4 each up front from Shoaib & Abdul Razzaq
then mix it up with others

cricpk

U19 12th Man
IMO open with Shoaib and Ajmal. Good combination of pace and slow flighted deliveries. After that bring in Gul to tighten the screw.
But by not bowling Abdul Razzaq up front will mean Hafeez & Shoaib will have to bowl complete 10 overs.
Razzaq needs to bowl 4 overs up front, he might end up getting Sehwag bowled or caught behind.

Himannv

International Coach
Sneak 4 from Razzaq in somewhere in the middle while the spinners are choking them on the other end IMO.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd be tempted tp move Razzaq up the order - if he's being kept in for his batting more than his bowling, there's no point in him at 8 - and all three quicks. Drop Kamran, his brother can keep just as well. It'd mean there's less pressure on Hafeez to fiddle through 10 overs against better players of spin too.

salman85

International Debutant
Kamran won't be dropped.I have to be honest,i don't want him to be dropped anymore because of his batting alone,and i've also regained a bit of faith in his keeping.I know it won't last long,and he'll make a big blunder again,but i don't see that happening in this WC.

Razzaq could well move up the order.Afridi mentioned that in the toss against WI.I'm not sure how they'll do that though.Maybe move him in no.4 before Younis and Misbah?The top 3 won't change.

And if Shoaib plays,i have a feeling he won't open the bowling.Gul has done a splendid job opening the bowling.Shoaib will probably come in first change and bowl a lengthy spell so he doesn't have to bowl at the death.The ball won't be entirely new at the time,so he can make best use of the 'old' ball,or the comparatively old ball anyway.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
At the very least, he has to bat above Afridi now.

If a similar lineup is kept, I'm not sure whether Riaz or Soaib should play but I know which I'd rather watch.

Gul is just bowling like a dream right now. Needs three new ball overs, three reversing overs and four at the death.

Last edited:

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I'd be tempted tp move Razzaq up the order - if he's being kept in for his batting more than his bowling, there's no point in him at 8 - and all three quicks. Drop Kamran, his brother can keep just as well. It'd mean there's less pressure on Hafeez to fiddle through 10 overs against better players of spin too.
True but they will not drop Kamran Akmal & Razzaq will bat at 8. The only thing that might be changed is that Afridi might be coming up the order against India.

Himannv

International Coach
Kamran will open with Hafeez. They will stick with that opening combo.

Cant see any reasonable reason why Razzaq should bat higher than Shafiq, Younis, Misbah and U.Akmal either unless they need a pitch hitter for some unusual reason. Should definitely bat higher than Afridi though.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Its going to be huge game...Of course want to see Pak win but if India bats first i dont know it could be a disaster for Pak...If India wins... Would like to see them win it all the way then...