• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Official' Semi Final 2 - Pakistan v India

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I hope Sachin gets a 100 but Pakistan win. Would be a perfect match for me.

Is this the first time all three major South Asian nations have made it this far in a WC?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
looks fitter and younger then 29 year old Yuvraj.
Yeah. But the fat lad has turned it on in a big way in this tournament for us, so I am not going to criticize him too much. Used to be a time when he was lightning in the field and between the wickets.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah. But the fat lad has turned it on in a big way in this tournament for us, so I am not going to criticize him too much. Used to be a time when he was lightning in the field and between the wickets.
too much Kingfisher.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is this the first time all three major South Asian nations have made it this far in a WC?
Yes.

Sri Lanka weren't really competitive pre-1992, which I'm sure had NZ reach the semis and England in the final. 1996 had India beat Pakistan in a quarter final IIRC. 1999 had the famous Aus-SA semi final, and 2003 had Aussie winners and Kenya in the last four.

2007 wasn't great for India or Pakistan. Odd things happened.

angad

U19 12th Man
Question for ONLY Indian fans.

Who would you ruthar NOT face in Mohali, Akhter or Wahab?

Give your reason
Wahab, he adds variety to bowling, depth to Pakistan batting, good fielder. Akhtar = Shaun Tait, will go for lotsa runs. Akhtar doesnt have any X factor anymore also, just media hype. Guy like Wahab can atleast switch his mode of operation, more run saving from attacking if things dont work initially . Whereas Akhtars playing maybe his last potentional International game, will have ego issue, never back down, all guns blazing situation.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
If Zardari is coming to watch the match then he will certainly ask for his customary 10% from all the ticket receipts. And that will be a lot considering that just the student block alone is $300. Also expect Dr Singh to hand over the 10% gladly.

Will SRK be there to recruit Akhtar for bollywood or will the bollywood divas distract waterboy from getting to double figures.

If India wins then I will certainly be looking forward to the slumdog millionaire style bollywood dance from Shastri, SRK and the Indian team.

salman85

International Debutant
Wahab, he adds variety to bowling, depth to Pakistan batting, good fielder. Akhtar = Shaun Tait, will go for lotsa runs. Akhtar doesnt have any X factor anymore also, just media hype. Guy like Wahab can atleast switch his mode of operation, more run saving from attacking if things dont work initially . Whereas Akhtars playing maybe his last potentional International game, will have ego issue, never back down, all guns blazing situation.
The only variety Wahab adds is the left arm thing.His bowling otherwise is very one-dimensional,uses the same line and length regularly.If that length and line was getting him wickets constantly,then i wouldn't complain,but it isn't.He is not a wicket taking threat by any means.Shoaib on the other hand,is a genuine wicket taking threat.He may be 36,but he still has enough about him to hit top speed and get you crucial wickets.He did that against Srilanka,did that against NZ (if it wasn't for Kamran).The only poor game he has had in this tournament was against NZ,which might never have happened if Kamran had taken the catch.

Wahab cannot swing his mode of operations.Like i said,he's very one dimensional as a bowler.Shoaib playing in his last tournament would mean that his motivation level would be sky high,and that too against a team that he has a decent record against.Ego issue or not,Shoaib is the man to turn to at this point in time.He has the desire,has the motivation,and still has the pace.Wahab doesn't have any of it as much as Shoaib does.Plus he has been average in the last two games,which further builds up Shoaib's case for huge game that is Pakistan vs India.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Predicting a all-subcontinental final. i.e. sitting on the fence regarding this game.

Know its unreasonable but i'll be pissed if this isn't a classic now having to watch neutrally.

cricpk

U19 12th Man
I'm predicting Abdul Razzaq to play a major role in this game. He might get a couple of top order batsmen or score 50 -60 quick runs.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
It's a close fall between Shoaib and Wahab.

The biq qs is : who is most likely to get one of the big wkts of Sehwag, SRT, Gambhir, Yuvi ?

The chosen bowler will have to break through this phalanx or rattle them

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a close fall between Shoaib and Wahab.

The biq qs is : who is most likely to get one of the big wkts of Sehwag, SRT, Gambhir, Yuvi ?

The chosen bowler will have to break through this phalanx or rattle them
Pak will prob play both of them

smash84

The Tiger King
lol..........people are sure looking forward to this....from cricinfo

"Hotels all over the city are packed and have been forced to turn away people. "We are full over the next five days," Saera Dir, the sales and marketing head for the Taj Hotel, told the Times of India. "For the last one week, we have been politely declining requests from at least 50 clients every day."

Of course the lack of space in Chandigarh is not something that will deter an intrepid fan. "We could not get any bookings in Chandigarh or Mohali," Gurgaon-based businessman, Rohan Gupta said. "The room we got was at a resort nearly 25km from the stadium. But we don't mind as long as we can enjoy the excitement of the match in the stadium.""