• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats Australia

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we had Harris and Bollinger fit we would have walked this WC as well. Hauritz would have also made the side much better balanced.

Harris
Bollinger
Lee
Johnson
Hauritz

Easily the best attack IMO.
If your auntie had a dick and all that.

You had that team they got spanked today by a better one. End of.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, a great run by the Aussies, congrats to them for an incredible run of dominance. Well done India for a competent performance too:)

Yet this match wasn't anything special, some good batting, but apart from some occasional good stuff from Zaheer, is anyone going to say the bowling was class on either side?

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah, a great run by the Aussies, congrats to them for an incredible run of dominance. Well done India for a competent performance too:)

Yet this match wasn't anything special, some good batting, but apart from some occasional good stuff from Zaheer, is anyone going to say the bowling was class on either side?
I thought Brett Lee bowled really well apart from that one over... Mitchell Johnson was pretty good as well. Mitchell has a habit of doing that against India
Tait was Tait, some good bowling with some absolute tripe.
Surprised Watson didn't bowl more he looked dangerous early on.

But agree overall bowling wasn't great from either Side.

Good knock by Ponting... had a feeling he was going score big today... Not his most fluent but still a great knock considering the situation and so much being talked about him in the press. Good way to say **** u all.
Finally end of era in the world cup for the Australian team.... Respect!

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Dougie is good but I am not too sure about Hauritz or Harris being that good. Besides I don't think they would have done that well against India........
Hauritz isn't a great test bowler, but he's a pretty good ODI bowler and our most reliable spinner. He's also been in stupidly good form thus summer with both the bat and ball before getting injured. I'm a Krejza fan, but Hauritz would have given the team a stable option amongst the bipolar.

Harris is awesome, if his body wasn't completely finished he's a gun bowler in both formats. Dropping Krejza and Tait for those two would make us a much better team IMO but that's life.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the space of four years Australian spin stocks have gone from:

Warne
MacGill
Hogg

to

Beer
Hauritz
Doherty
Krezja

Is it any wonder we couldn't win in India?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be fair, talking about succeeding in India and using Warne as an example doesn't really work.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I was coming on here to create just this thread, D_F beat me to it. Love them or hate them, no one can deny their greatness. They have had amazing success and my team can even achieve half of what they did, I’d be happy. What champs! :notworthy
Yeah. I can easily bet all my fortune on prediction that I will not see any team winning 3 consecutive world cups in my lifetime. Mind-bogglingly high standard of cricket from Australia that made other world class outfits look like school teams. Think the last 3 world cup finals.

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah. I can easily bet all my fortune on prediction that I will not see any team winning 3 consecutive world cups in my lifetime. Mind-bogglingly high standard of cricket from Australia that made other world class outfits look like school teams. Think the last 3 world cup finals.
This. So this

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair, talking about succeeding in India and using Warne as an example doesn't really work.
Not that it matters much, but Warne did actually play a WC in the subcontinent and did very well in it aside from the final. Was averaging in the teens with an economy rate of 3 going into that game.