• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Yardy flies home with depression

Furball

Evil Scotsman
lol.. pretty obvious he was commenting on his merits as a cricketer and didn't understand he was out due to depression initially and then when he had more time to understand the situation, came across a lot more sympathetic.
How is saying 'I was a brilliant batsman and never got dropped, so I don't know what Yardy's going through' being sympathetic?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was that Ronny Irani?

Wow. I used to dislike him but I totally respect him for what he said then!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah that's made me quite angry.

Hopefully eventually old ****s like that will die off.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Talksport is embarassingly awful.
What would you know, you're just a woman, Keys and Gray taught me that :p

Was that Ronny Irani?

Wow. I used to dislike him but I totally respect him for what he said then!
He's normally one of the worst broadcasters known to man, but yeah he did well there. A lot of talk that Brazil was pished here, his alcholism often rears it's head on Talk****e, quite often a mask for depression, ironically.

fredfertang

Sorry Ronnie I take it all back - I'll edit my review of your book as soon as James will let me - as for Brazil - just give him a drink or three and eventually he shut's up - the man is a dinosaur

andyc

Terrible stuff on the clip. Top stuff from Ronnie Irani though, good on him for standing up and calling bull**** though, good effort.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha. "Let me be honest, I don't understand depression...[but I'm going to talk **** about it anyway]". Typical radio fare though, no point getting worked up about it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shepherd & Brazil are such a pair of ****s. Equating depression with materialistic possessions. "Roll your sleeves up and get on with it" FFS.

Both sounded arseholed too.

Kudos to Irani.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Shepherd & Brazil are such a pair of ****s. Equating depression with materialistic possessions. "Roll your sleeves up and get on with it" FFS.

Both sounded arseholed too.

Kudos to Irani.
Brazil was definitely drunk.

Hardly unsurprising he's an alcoholic though, given how his boyhood dream of playing for Celtic was ruined.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's not a laughing matter but....

:laugh:
I thought I'd give the moderators a fair chance to delete this before responding but for some reason they've chosen to leave it up.

Well, it's one of the most cretinous posts I've ever seen on CW. Ever suffered from a really horrible disease? Any friends or family members of yours ever done so? Think it's a big joke? Pretty despicable really. Bottom-of-the barrel posting.

Last edited:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Where in my post do I say depression is a big joke?
Where exactly did I mock Yardy for having depression?
Depression is a horrible illness, and it's sad that Yardy suffers from it.

Cretinous? I didn't know one simple smiley on the interwebs could have so much meaning.

You obviously didn't have a problem with this
I'm pretty sure that myself and KiWiNiNjA are not the only people who think that they would depressed if they played Cricket like Yardy.

But in all seriousness hopefully he makes a quick recovery.
And yes, I actually do know how horrible an illness depression is. First hand, in fact.

grecian

Where in my post do I say depression is a big joke?
Where exactly did I mock Yardy for having depression?
Depression is a horrible illness, and it's sad that Yardy suffers from it.

Cretinous? I didn't know one simple smiley on the interwebs could have so much meaning.

You obviously didn't have a problem with this

And yes, I actually do know how horrible an illness depression is. First hand, in fact.
Well why did you laugh, you've not made any good reason for your original laughter. **** me why defend it, just apologize. This is why Berners-Lee doesn't deserve through in the battle of the brits, the internet is ****ing ****.

People just losing all moral compass, in the it's only the internets, surefire argument.

Last edited:

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Cause for concern this for England can see it opening old wounds and bringing back memories of what happened with Trescothick, it finished his International career