• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UMPIRES for QF

SeamUp

International Coach
Asoka Da Silva has got the chop and is in jeopardy of losing his elite umpire status. He is the only elite umpire not be involved in the QF even as a 3rd or 4th umpire. Surprisingly, Asad Rauf is only a 4th umpire.

There are 5 umpires from the international list in Richard Kettleborough, Bruce Oxenford, Khumar Dharmasena, Nigel Llong & Tarapore included.

PAKISTAN vs WEST INDIES

Umps: BOWDEN & DAVIS
3rd: HARPER
4TH: OXENFORD

INDIA vs AUSTRALIA

Umps: ERASMUS & GOULD
3rd: KETTLEBORUGH
4th: RAUF

SOUTH AFRICA vs NEW ZEALAND

Umps: DAR & TUCKER
3rd: DHARMASENA
4th: LLONG

SRI LANKA vs ENGLAND

Umps: DOCTROVE & TAUFEL
3rd: HILL
4th: TARAPORE

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Asoka Da Silva has got the chop and is in jeopardy of losing his elite umpire status. He is the only elite umpire not be involved in the QF even as a 3rd or 4th umpire. Surprisingly, Asad Rauf is only a 4th umpire.

There are 5 umpires from the international list in Richard Kettleborough, Bruce Oxenford, Khumar Dharmasena, Nigel Llong & Tarapore included.

PAKISTAN vs WEST INDIES

Umps: BOWDEN & DAVIS
3rd: HARPER
4TH: OXENFORD

INDIA vs AUSTRALIA

Umps: ERASMUS & GOULD
3rd: KETTLEBORUGH
4th: RAUF

SOUTH AFRICA vs NEW ZEALAND

Umps: DAR & TUCKER
3rd: DHARMASENA
4th: LLONG

SRI LANKA vs ENGLAND

Umps: DOCTROVE & TAUFEL
3rd: HILL
4th: TARAPORE
Not really. He is terrible. Harper even as 3rd umpire can still cause trouble.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not really. He is terrible. Harper even as 3rd umpire can still cause trouble.
Now how has he got away with murder for years and been elite umpire for so long. Old Bruce Willis loves the TV role...its what he is famous for...the drama and everything...hehe

I think Kettleborough, Dharmasena and Oxenford are definitely in for promotions.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Happy with the pair we have got for our quarter.

Safe to say Kettleborough is a better umpire than he ever was a player.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I had a horrible dream that Saheba was umpiring the NZ-SA game.

Thank ****!

Good to see the great umpires spread out amongst the matches. Would have hated to see Dar and Taufel umpiring the marquee QF, and the other matches getting the leftovers.

With Bowden and Harper in the first match probably the worse group of the lot. But Davis has been pretty good in the WC.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Honestly Asoka dont even belong there. I consider myself to be a much better one than ASHOCKER de Silva

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Erasmus and Gould are two good umpires generally.

Good luck to Rod Tucker too, on getting a QF. He seems to be progressing up the ladder pretty quickly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No longer really give a toss about the on field umpires in ODIs, more concerned about the 3rd these days.

salman85

International Debutant
Who will officiate the final?Or will that be decided after the teams are confirmed to go in line with the netural umpire thing?

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
Kettleborough is becoming a favourite of mine, seems a solid umpire. And Taufel after his shocker yesterday shouldn't be there...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Davis has been really good. Hadn't noticed him at all, which is usually a good sign in umps.

Tony Hill can consider himself a bit unlucky not to get a standing gig too, I reckon; especially with Bowden getting one.

&, I am biased, but love Gunner. Combines personality (without being a try-hard willful eccentric), good blokeism and solid decision making.

Spark

Global Moderator
Davis has been really good. Hadn't noticed him at all, which is usually a good sign in umps.

Tony Hill can consider himself a bit unlucky not to get a standing gig too, I reckon; especially with Bowden getting one.

&, I am biased, but love Gunner. Combines personality (without being a try-hard willful eccentric), good blokeism and solid decision making.
Yeah Gunner's awesome. Not the best umpire in terms of decision making by any means but you can just sense that the players respect + get along with him so naturally.

SeamUp

International Coach
Gunner is brilliant.He has done a lot of South African games in the last 2 years and I know the SA boys think he is the biz ito decisions and in general conversation and banter on the field and off it.

In my mind Dar has jumped Taufel and to me the top umps are in this order...

1. DAR
2. TAUFEL
3. GOULD
4. ERASMUS
5. DAVIS
6. TUCKER
7. DOCTROVE
8. HILL
9. BOWDEN

I think HARPER, RAUF and DA SILVA are in danger of losing their spots to Kettlebrough, Oxenford and Dharmasena.

Last edited: