Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sri Lanka

16 57.14%
  • England

12 42.86%
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    People are underestimating England.
    They beat this same SL side 3-2 in an ODI series a couple years back in SL.
    True and even though they've been very inconsistent in this tournament, they're a better team than what played in Sri Lanka a couple of years ago.

Yes it's a self-;preservation mechanism that automatically kicks in whenever England reach anywhere near the latter stages of a world tournament. Expect liitle and you will not be disappointed, expect us to be victorious and to thunder our way to the final, and we're generally left disappointed.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, SL rightly favs and I'm a raging pessimist but I still think we're a decent chance for this. Lankans very reliant on Dilshan, Mehela and Sanga for runs so if Bres, Jimmeh or (god forbid) Dernbach gets the new pill to swing you never know...
    Blimey! Has anyone else noticed that there are quite a few South African born players playing for England these days?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    Blimey! Has anyone else noticed that there are quite a few South African born players playing for England these days?
    Bugger me, you're right! Can't believe no-one has brought this up before!
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    People are underestimating England.
    They beat this same SL side 3-2 in an ODI series a couple years back in SL.
    They didn't and it nearly 4 years ago (October 2007). England have about 5 survivors from that side. The likes of Mustard and Cook were opening, Broad and Sidebottom took over 50% of England's wickets, England's three leading run scorers won't play on Saturday while Sri Lanka had no Murali, no Mendis, Dilshan was batting at 6 and Mubarak was playing. What I'm trying to say is you can't read anything into that series!

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Fernando is bashed too much. He should never be in vicinity of an ODI team unless Yusuf Pathan and Suresh Raina at the crease, and should be an automatic choice in tests. Still with all the saga averages 34 with the ball in test matches.
    yeah but I always thought that Fernando bashing was somewhat justified.

although his ODI record against Eng is plain outstanding
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    I actually agree with TEC's selected XI, with the only question mark in my mind surrounding the re-selection of Jimmy Anderson.

Collingwood should get the nod for me, as TEC suggested his effectiveness with the ball are as vital as his offerings as a middle order batsman. Very capable player of spin, but obviously his form remains a concern with the bat.

Bell looks a much better option at the top than Prior, whose potential cameo down the order may be more valuable. Strauss and Bell does not held many concerns for me, they are both good enough to expose the fielding restrictions by playing proper cricket shots, a strategy,imo, many have neglected during the powerplays.
    AWTA. Bell and Strauss would be the best choices to open, for mine. And Tremlett over Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    They didn't and it nearly 4 years ago (October 2007). England have about 5 survivors from that side. The likes of Mustard and Cook were opening, Broad and Sidebottom took over 50% of England's wickets, England's three leading run scorers won't play on Saturday while Sri Lanka had no Murali, no Mendis, Dilshan was batting at 6 and Mubarak was playing. What I'm trying to say is you can't read anything into that series!
    wow didn't realize 4 years had already passed. However, iirc SL's batting was the same bar Mubarak for Mathews, and I remember Swann really really bowled well.
    (runs to cricinfo to check scorecards)
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

I'd drop Bell and Tremlett for Colly and Jimmeh. Prior to open, he's useless there, but he's useless everywhere, so he may come off, who knows.

Jimmeh to bowl the opening overs if it's working, great, he could win it for us. If he's going for loads, we have enough bowling to make up the overs.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    You what?!

I've read some rubbish in my time, but that goes in at the top of the pile.
    Yeah... how dare I suggest dropping the great Matty Prior, I mean seriously England were really stupid to bring him back into their LO set-up and all he is doing is wasting a slot in the team.

Colly or Morgan aren't regular keepers but having either one of them keeping allows England to sneak in an extra bowler or batsman which obviosuly would help their combination, because gone are the days when keepers were expected to just do a good job behind the stumps.

In one post you recommended making Collingwood, England's best fielder, keep... and also for Collingwood, incredibly out of form, to open the batting.

Fair enough response from Marc I think
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Yeah... how dare I suggest dropping the great Matty Prior, I mean seriously England were really stupid to bring him back into their LO set-up and all he is doing is wasting a slot in the team.

Colly or Morgan aren't regular keepers but having either one of them keeping allows England to sneak in an extra bowler or batsman which obviosuly would help their combination, because gone are the days when keepers were expected to just do a good job behind the stumps.
    Have they kept successfully in the past?
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    In one post you recommended making Collingwood, England's best fielder, keep... and also for Collingwood, incredibly out of form, to open the batting.

Fair enough response from Marc I think

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    AWTA. Bell and Strauss would be the best choices to open, for mine. And Tremlett over Anderson.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Well, Anderson is hardly setting the world alight ATM, is he? Haven't seen much of Tremlett in ODI cricket but he was impressive in a couple of games in Australia recently, and there wasn't much he could have done about Gayle smashing him.

EDIT : I can easily see Dilshan getting stuck into Anderson with his fuller lengths, if the ball doesn't swing for him.
    Last edited by vcs; 23-03-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information