Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sri Lanka

16 57.14%
  • England

12 42.86%
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    Also I know there is little chance of this happening but handing the keeping gloves to either Colly or Morgan and either Collingwood or Bell opening the batting with Strauss are moves well worth considering.
    You what?!

I've read some rubbish in my time, but that goes in at the top of the pile.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    I am nervous when Swann is against Tharanga, Sanga and Mathews.

My team would be, MJ, Dilshan, Sanga, Sam, Silva, Mathews, Perera, Kule, Herath, Malinga, Murali.
    Tharanga is an epic minnow basher, I will be pleasantly surprised if he gets to double digits on Saturday. He is guaranteed to play and open as well, so we just got to deal with it.
    Also no way that Herath plays and Mendis does not. Only way Herath plays is if 3 spinners are chosen. I actually prefer 3 spinners, with Herath bowling with the newish ball, has done quite well doing this.
    Mendis has also been bowling pretty well. His accuracy is close to 08 levels with only a few half trackers.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    You what?!

I've read some rubbish in my time, but that goes in at the top of the pile.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Is there any feasible way of dropping Prior? If Morgan is willing to take the gloves then at the very least it'd open up a spot.

Wright opening is an idea I'm coming around to even if it's far from ideal. If he's going to play (which he will, after his dodgy-but-effective-and-ultimately-crucial-40-odd) he needs a proper role and opening at least gives him that.

Bres and Swann are a given. Playing 2 spinners seems forced because we're running out of quicks, but works out okay given they won us the match against the Windies. Any of Anderson, Tremlett or Dernbach will do really, none of them inspire much confidence and any could work in theory.

Strauss
    Wright
    Trott
    Bell
    Morgan
    Bopara
    Colly
    Bresnan
    Swann
    Tredwell
    AN other

I almost don't care about team selection any more. Nothing has been logical in England's campaign anyway.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 22-03-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    I think England's campaign will either end here in an epic thrashing.. or they'll hiccup and stumble all the way to the big prize.

England has only an outside chance in this I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    England has only an outside chance in this I think.
    on the outer fringes of outside I should think

After watching the way the Bangladesh spinners choked England's batters I fully expect Murali and Mendis to be all over England's batsman.

Sri Lanka for a comfortable win!

FBU
    Sri Lanka need to play Fernando.

v England

16 matches 36 wickets at 20.05 econ 5.27 s/r 22.8 - Fernando
    17 matches 26 wickets at 23.76 econ 3.73 s/r 38.1 - Murali
    12 matches 26 wickets at 23.31 econ 4.90 s/r 28.5 - Malinga

Maybe it will be the battle of the slower ball, whose is most deceptive, Fernando or Dernbach. Bopara at the last WC. 2 runs needed to win from the last ball - stumps scattered by Fernando.
    Last edited by FBU; 22-03-2011 at 10:54 AM.

wow........never thought that fernando could be half decent....quite impressive against England

Fernando is bashed too much. He should never be in vicinity of an ODI team unless Yusuf Pathan and Suresh Raina at the crease, and should be an automatic choice in tests. Still with all the saga averages 34 with the ball in test matches.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Is there any feasible way of dropping Prior? If Morgan is willing to take the gloves then at the very least it'd open up a spot.

Wright opening is an idea I'm coming around to even if it's far from ideal. If he's going to play (which he will, after his dodgy-but-effective-and-ultimately-crucial-40-odd) he needs a proper role and opening at least gives him that.

Bres and Swann are a given. Playing 2 spinners seems forced because we're running out of quicks, but works out okay given they won us the match against the Windies. Any of Anderson, Tremlett or Dernbach will do really, none of them inspire much confidence and any could work in theory.

Strauss
    Wright
    Trott
    Bell
    Morgan
    Bopara
    Colly
    Bresnan
    Swann
    Tredwell
    AN other

I almost don't care about team selection any more. Nothing has been logical in England's campaign anyway.
    Really dont understand why we seem so averse to putting Bell at the top. The logic that we cant have 2 accumulators at the top is flawed for 2 reasons, 1 because there are several teams (SA for one) that have no problems with not having someone hit over the top during the field restrictions and 2nd, Strauss' SR for the tournament is nearly 100 which goes to show that he isnt just nudging and nurdling around.

Wright would be an absolute disaster at the top IMO, that idea should be nipped in the bud.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

I actually agree with TEC's selected XI, with the only question mark in my mind surrounding the re-selection of Jimmy Anderson.

Collingwood should get the nod for me, as TEC suggested his effectiveness with the ball are as vital as his offerings as a middle order batsman. Very capable player of spin, but obviously his form remains a concern with the bat.

Bell looks a much better option at the top than Prior, whose potential cameo down the order may be more valuable. Strauss and Bell does not held many concerns for me, they are both good enough to expose the fielding restrictions by playing proper cricket shots, a strategy,imo, many have neglected during the powerplays.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

People are underestimating England.
    They beat this same SL side 3-2 in an ODI series a couple years back in SL.

Yeah, SL rightly favs and I'm a raging pessimist but I still think we're a decent chance for this. Lankans very reliant on Dilshan, Mehela and Sanga for runs so if Bres, Jimmeh or (god forbid) Dernbach gets the new pill to swing you never know...
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information