Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sri Lanka

16 57.14%
  • England

12 42.86%
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Evil Scotsman
    Jimmy will win this one for us.

Might stick a couple of quid on less than 500 runs being scored. Maybe even 450.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Jimmy will win this one for us.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

My SL XI;

1. Tharanga
    2. Dilshan
    3. Sanga
    4. Mahela
    5. Samaraweera
    6. Mathews
    7. Perera/Kapu
    8. Malinga
    9. Murali
    10. Herath
    11. Mendis

I am **** scared about Swann against our middle order, but England got to deal with 30 overs of our spin.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    SL could go from an already very good team to a scary one if they could get Mahela to open with Dilshan, IMO. Obviously, assuming they can get someone pretty good for the middle-order slot as well. Not that Tharanga's bad, just not threatening enough against the best teams, I feel.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Yeah thats a good idea if you ask me. Matthews is criminally wasted batting at 6, should be batting no lower than 5, ideally at 4 with Samaraweera after him. SL lack firepower in the death though IMO, like SA they are missing someone who can come in and change the game in the space of a few overs. Its hurt them this tournament already, but with their bowling attack they are still good enough to go all the way.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    So what about England's ODI side for this game? My personal opinion is that we might need Collingwood, not just for his experience in SL conditions against Murali, but also for his dibbly dobblies given the way our front line pacers have done this tournament.

Strauss
    Bell
    Trott
    Bopara
    Morgan
    Collingwood
    Prior
    Bresnan
    Tredwell
    Swann
    Anderson

Seems harsh on Wright, but I suspect that for this game Collingwood might be the right choice. Gives us more bowling options.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    SL could go from an already very good team to a scary one if they could get Mahela to open with Dilshan, IMO. Obviously, assuming they can get someone pretty good for the middle-order slot as well. Not that Tharanga's bad, just not threatening enough against the best teams, I feel.
    Agreed. A team like this would have been much stronger:

Dilshan
    Mahela
    Sanga
    Chandimal
    Samaraweera
    Mathews
    Perera/Kapu
    Randiv
    Malinga
    Herath/Mendis
    Murali
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    My SL XI;

1. Tharanga
    2. Dilshan
    3. Sanga
    4. Mahela
    5. Samaraweera
    6. Mathews
    7. Perera/Kapu
    8. Malinga
    9. Murali
    10. Herath
    11. Mendis

I am **** scared about Swann against our middle order, but England got to deal with 30 overs of our spin.
    Dilshan, Mahela, Sam, Perera, Silva will play him withe ease. I am nervous when Swann is against Tharanga, Sanga and Mathews.

My team would be, MJ, Dilshan, Sanga, Sam, Silva, Mathews, Perera, Kule, Herath, Malinga, Murali.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

Quote Originally Posted by Himannv View Post
    Agreed. A team like this would have been much stronger:

Dilshan
    Mahela
    Sanga
    Chandimal
    Samaraweera
    Mathews
    Perera
    Randiv
    Kulasekara
    Malinga
    Murali
    Those guys are not good at BJs. Either not in the squad or will not be in the first XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Those guys are not good at BJs.

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    So what about England's ODI side for this game? My personal opinion is that we might need Collingwood, not just for his experience in SL conditions against Murali, but also for his dibbly dobblies given the way our front line pacers have done this tournament.

Strauss
    Bell
    Trott
    Bopara
    Morgan
    Collingwood
    Prior
    Bresnan
    Tredwell
    Swann
    Anderson

Seems harsh on Wright, but I suspect that for this game Collingwood might be the right choice. Gives us more bowling options.
    Yes, it's what I'd go with and they've got to go with Bell up front, but I know Bell has said they've wanted him to combat the spinners in the middle overs, but in a interview, he put his hand up to open.
    Like you say, harsh on Wright, but it's a horses for courses pick with Colly and hopefully he can finally come to the party with the bat. Hopefully this little lay off for Jimmy, will give him that bit extra and find some rhythm and accuracy.

I think England only have a chance if they put up a good bowling effort becuase I think Sri Lanka really lacks batting depth and the day Sanga and Mahela don't click they could be in real trouble.

England have a better chance if they bat first because if they chase one would have to think Sri Lanka with their bowling attack would get the better of the English batting line-up.

Its important that England get Anderson switched on for this game, they are playing in humid conditions in Colombo so the ball definitely would swing and those are perfect conditions for Anderson.

Also I know there is little chance of this happening but handing the keeping gloves to either Colly or Morgan and either Collingwood or Bell opening the batting with Strauss are moves well worth considering.

Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I think England only have a chance if they put up a good bowling effort becuase I think Sri Lanka really lacks batting depth and the day Sanga and Mahela don't click they could be in real trouble.

England have a better chance if they bat first because if they chase one would have to think Sri Lanka with their bowling attack would get the better of the English batting line-up.

Its important that England get Anderson switched on for this game, they are playing in humid conditions in Colombo so the ball definitely would swing and those are perfect conditions for Anderson.

Also I know there is little chance of this happening but handing the keeping gloves to either Colly or Morgan and either Collingwood or Bell opening the batting with Strauss are moves well worth considering.
    I think you always some radical ideas up your sleeve pup .........I agree with a lot of what you have to say but I think that your suggestions always seem to be chopping and changing the status quo..........a little too much for my liking though.......I think with the likes of Akmal showing how important wk is i think that is one suit other teams would be better off not touching.

Banned

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information