• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stapel

International Regular
Maybe Bopara getting out is a blessing in disguise for England? Morgan seems the be the sort of player to get England to a decent total.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Makes you worry about our attack if Malinga is basically the most expensive bowler and easiest to play. Bresnan and Tremlett will need to be spot on or it could be carnage.

JBH001

International Regular
Morgan looks like he means business and doesn't want to waste too much time knocking it back to the bowler.

flibbertyjibber

Maybe Bopara getting out is a blessing in disguise for England? Morgan seems the be the sort of player to get England to a decent total.
Yeah but scoring at only 55 per 100 balls has meant pressure is on Morgan to get us a score. He was very slow and then threw it away, almost a Jamie How knock.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tremlett really is the worst sort of bowler for this kind of pitch, there's no bounce in it at all. I fear for him.

Uppercut

Haha I meant the Morgan one. Was a slower ball and Morgan got through the shot early, but it went in the air to the cover boundary. Bumble says, "not afraid to go over the top".

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good point!

And on his 65th ball, he scored his first boundary, albeit accidenta!

I must say: so far a very good and very sensible innings!
It's been Top-class, has giving a platform for Morgan and the biffers.

JBH001

International Regular
Time to bring Herath or even Dilshan on for Murali. He has bowled poorly today and is getting nothing from the surface.

Stapel

International Regular
Haha I meant the Morgan one. Was a slower ball and Morgan got through the shot early, but it went in the air to the cover boundary. Bumble says, "not afraid to go over the top".
Ah, that ball!
He seemed tot stop his swing there, halfway. I've tried that myself a few times. All resulted in simple catches....

JBH001

International Regular

It was Morgan too, and it was a sitter. I can't believe Samaraweera dropped that.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Samaraweera had better bring some black magic to his batting when Sri Lanka bat.

Edit/ Fine 50 from Trott. He is class.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shocker, wasn't it? Seemed to overrun the ball.

Does look a different game with Morgs at the crease, it must be said.

& 50 for Trotters. Been a very solid knock. Something wonderfully reassuring about his presence.