• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 4 - Sri Lanka v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah they're only 2 down, that's really negative thinking. They should be (and now are) trying to push the ball into the gaps a little more, without trying to hit big boundaries or anything stupid.
TBH back then Bopara looked like getting out every second ball. Them playing Murali with comfort means that now, yeah, I can agree. Still shouldn't do anything too risky though.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would've been interesting certainly, but we can't really expect him to come straight off the plane and into the stadium against a top team on their own turf. May have gone horribly wrong anyway. Colly's bowling would've been much more effective than Wright's too.
Can't use the "might go horribly wrong" line forever - anyway I'm sure someone once told me all Yorkies are superhuman - can't remember who now though.......................

Stapel

International Regular
OK...., I play in the lowest possible competition..., in HOLLAND! And even we run more sensibly!

What is so hard to understand about: "run the first one hard and look for the 2nd?"

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How are we feeling about Tremmers on this pitch?

Doesn't look his kind of track at all.
Would prefer Colly's bowling here, think it would be ideal. His knee may be a problem though. Who knows though Tremlett bowls wicket-taking balls, so we'll see.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Depends if the bounce gets more uneven i guess. All bowling will be very difficult to play if the bounce gets more dodgy. Especially if we get 230ish.
Cpt Obvious but they will be seriously missing Broad. Would be like a fish taking to water on this.
Looking at the three possibles (Tremmers, Jimmeh and Dernbach) I'd have the big fella in the bronze looking horses-for-courses.

Says how far Anderson's star has fallen in such a short time he didn't get the nod.