• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 3 - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Raghav is a fan of teams that scrap to the very end. They may be mainly working class, but boy do they punch above their weight.

:ph34r:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
:laugh: You are going to get a lot of flack for that Jono from Flem, Bhanz, kiwininja, etc for using that phrase 'punching above their weight'.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I get angry on Indian media whenever they use this phrase,,,,,
hatred to Indian Cricket after match fixing scandal and I found the sense of collective game from NZcricket,..Even though they dont produce great players regularly..they always put in 100% efforts..and that impressed me ..love their cimmitment to d game :)
You basically do the same.

Flem274*

123/5
Bloody Indians. All the same. But I suppose it must be a great novelty watching seamers trying really hard actually taking wickets.:ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That's an incorrect article by the way.

Graeme Smith made it clear he is not retiring from ODI cricket, and is putting himself up for selection as a batsman only.

Still, Smith is not planning on disappearing from the ODI set up, and is available for selection for the limited-overs sides, both 20 and 50 overs. "I feel like I still have a lot to offer SA cricket. I am looking forward to carrying on as a batter and a senior player," he said. He has already performed the role of a senior player in the Twenty20 squad, which Johan Botha has been captaining since August last year, and said that he enjoyed being in the outfield and being freed of responsibility.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/story/508174.html

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's an incorrect article by the way.

Graeme Smith made it clear he is not retiring from ODI cricket, and is putting himself up for selection as a batsman only.

Still, Smith is not planning on disappearing from the ODI set up, and is available for selection for the limited-overs sides, both 20 and 50 overs. "I feel like I still have a lot to offer SA cricket. I am looking forward to carrying on as a batter and a senior player," he said. He has already performed the role of a senior player in the Twenty20 squad, which Johan Botha has been captaining since August last year, and said that he enjoyed being in the outfield and being freed of responsibility.

World Cup 2011: Graeme Smith the devastated captain ends it where it began | Cricket Features | ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 | ESPN Cricinfo
Ah, OK. He's not really performing in ODI's these days, very sporadic and inconsistent. Last really good innings I can remember from him was in the CT '09 match against England.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ah, OK. He's not really performing in ODI's these days, very sporadic and inconsistent. Last really good innings I can remember from him was in the CT '09 match against England.
That was his last ton. He scored few decent knocks last year, I remember him gettinng 90-odd against Pakistan in the UAE.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha yeah. :shy: Tbf I openly acknowledged earlier in this thread that Nehra served me the biggest piece of humble pie one could eat.

Last edited: