Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

34 65.38%
  • Australia

18 34.62%
Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1528

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Well played, India. I have to say that it is rather satisfying to see the back of Australia so early in a knock out tournament.

India vs Pak is going to be a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Let him play IPL, star in woeful Bollywood movies, sing crappy songs and make millions
    Doubtless this will happen

I guess you're right about the rest too. Such a pity though. He was a much better bowler than the figures suggest IMO. Even in tests I remember some seriously fiery spells where he went wicketless. Was their best bowler in the WC by far.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

I'm so very happy right now. Our superstar batting line up really came through for us. Dhoni is in poor form and Sehwag is injured but the excellence of the others more than accounted for it. Tendulkar, Gambhir and Yuvraj were excellent. The run out and Kohli's dismissal were inexcusable though, we cannot afford to throw wickets away like that.

As for the bowling, Ashwin was good and Harbhajan was solid other than the last over but bloody hell, Yuvraj was superb. He really has become more than a handy bowler in the right conditions. He is flighting the ball like a pro. As for the seam bowlers, it is great to see Zaheer succeed as it is clear that hard work has gone into him perfecting the new knuckle ball that he has. Munaf Patel appears dead weight though, he needs a performance in the semi-final, he has bowled fine, just a few too many loose deliveries. He is a very small way away from ending up with good figures, just too many boundary balls.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Awesome win indeed for us. Really thought we had bottled it when Dhoni got out but Yuvi was immense. Raina, I have been a big supporter of him and just when I thought he wasn't worth it he comes up with an awesome performance. How can I hate a guy who gives his 120% and is so talented.

Icon5

can anyone tell how many times it happens that a Host country have played final match?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Well done India, very good performance. Sets up a cracking semi too.

International 12th Man Crazy Sam's Avatar
    Well Cameron White is no Symonds or Watson, that's for sure. What an incredibly disappointing World Cup for him.

And I still can't believe we had a player in hot form the way Hopes has been for the past 3 months and yet we leave him and his experience at home for Hastings.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nidoccj View Post
    can anyone tell how many times it happens that a Host country have played final match?
    England 1979 is the only one (WI won). Sri Lanka co-hosted the tournament in 1996 but I don't think the final was there.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Clearly, we should take Ponting's word for such catches..
    Well his word in this case was "I don't know if I caught it or not, can you check?" so I'd be happy to run with that.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Well his word in this case was "I don't know if I caught it or not, can you check?" so I'd be happy to run with that.
    Yeah, he didn't appeal for it at all, just shrugged his shoulders straight away. Can't give him any stick for that.

R_D
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Everyone loves a good graph, right?

Got back to 60-40 India with Dhoni's wicket. Admit it, which Indian fans were crapping themselves at that point?
    I must admit... I did not think Raina would last more than few overs against the quick bowlers. He played one decent pull shot and than Australian fast bowlers stopped bowling short to him. Watson bowled a good one later on and Raina had no idea how to play that. I was a bit surprised they didn't pepper him with more short balls...

Raina played well though... Kudos to him. I'm rather glad now that he was playing and not yosuf...
    What an exciting match.... India nearly ****ed it up but Yuvi saved the day.
    I have a new found respect for Yuvi and the way he is playing in this wold cup... Indian batting lineup looks so much more dangerous with Yuvi batting well.

Looking forward to Pakistan match.... Promises to be a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by nidoccj View Post
    Wait on, are India through to the final already?

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Thought Kohli also looked very good working the spinners around. It is not something that comes naturally to him and I thought he might get tied down a bit by Krejza, Clarke and Hussey but he did well. I'll forgive him that full-toss dismissal, seeing as the result went our way.
    You get the feeling if you can restrict his leg side scoring opportunities he will struggle to score fluently, played a nice cover drive for four, but mostly just excellent at working to ball towards the leg side.

. Well done India, you guys played the better cricket. It looks like I'm going to have to grow up in an era of some dire Australian cricket. If only I was born a few years earlier so I could of enjoyed the mid 2000's ect.

Ponting's century the only relief for me.

Go Pakistan!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    Based on performances so far, don't think either is even arguable.
    SA say hello, 9-29 does the best batting line-up make.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 96 of 102 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast

Thread Information