• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BeeGee

International Captain
Oz to win by a fair margin. Good batting + Very good bowling>>Very good batting + umadkat bowling. I see the middle-over pie-chucking brigade being hammered by the Oz lower middle order. Will be absolutely devastated when we lose though, no doubt. All is excused if Mitchell takes five though. :wub:

As an aside, will be hilarious to see the OTT reaction from the Indian media and the 'new' section of fans who suddenly love cricket, worship the team and cannot miss even one ball of the WC but did not give a **** about the team prior to Feb and can't name 5 players in any other team.
TBH, Australia's bowling hasn't been that impressive lately, the one exception being Lee.
Here are the Australian bowling figures for their last three WC games:

Lee - overs 24.4, wkts 9@11, econ 4.10
Tait - overs 24, wkts 4@30, econ 5.00
Johnson - overs 27, wkts 2@61, econ 4.55
Smith - overs 9, wkts 0, econ 6.00
Krejza - overs 28, wkts 3@41, econ 4.42
Clarke - overs 5, wkts 0, econ 4.20
Watson - overs 19, wkts 1@96, econ 5.05

Lee has been outstanding, but considering two of the last three games were against Kenya and Canada, the rest of the bowlers haven't done much at all.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I would have been **** scared if AshWIN hadn't played that WI game. Got a feeling now that we have 4 decent bowlers(Zak, Bhajji, Yuvraj and Ash). Would be a good game if there is even moderate turn available in the pitch and we post 250+.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I would best like us to lose the toss. No need to moan about the decision if we lose then. Have got a better feeling about our bowling because of reducing the number of crap bowlers by one. Watson in my head is the new Hayden, he needs to get out early.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
And this poll is a joke. How the hell can 26 guys believe we would beat the Aussies. It should only be us delusional Indian fans voting for India.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
And this poll is a joke. How the hell can 26 guys believe we would beat the Aussies. It should only be us delusional Indian fans voting for India.
are you delusional? not to believe in the ability of the current team with players of such caliber to beat Aussies who have just lost to pakistan ?

smash84

The Tiger King
are you delusional? not to believe in the ability of the current team with players of such caliber to beat Aussies who have just lost to pakistan ?
dude losing to Pakistan is quite easy if Pakistan are playing well.........in fact no team can beat Pakistan when they are doing well.........Pakistan bowling has been quite superb throughout this tournament bar those 5 overs against NZ. Which also tells us the other side of Pakistan though..........the one that can lose anything to any opposition

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
dude losing to Pakistan is quite easy if Pakistan are playing well.........in fact no team can beat Pakistan when they are doing well.........Pakistan bowling has been quite superb throughout this tournament bar those 5 overs against NZ. Which also tells us the other side of Pakistan though..........the one that can lose anything to any opposition
no offense meant but there is nothing like your team continuously doing well

its just burst of adrenaline for a few matches and then back tot he same old hut with some saaga 8-)

Blaze 18

Banned
Mate, they lost to Pakistan because Pakistan bowled and fielded brilliantly. Are India capable of bowling like that?

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Come on man. Ya I do think India can win but that was just a tongue-in-cheek remark at the almost one-sidedness of the poll.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Mate, they lost to Pakistan because Pakistan bowled and fielded brilliantly. Are India capable of bowling like that?
well any team can perform well on its day

we may not be so brilliant at bowling , but now with inclusion of ashwin and the way harbhajan has been performing in past 2 games, given zaheer and yuvraj , ours is not that too stupid a bowling attack copared to them

moreover they have always been known for producing good bowlers where as batting has been our strength. given a big target, i can surely say our team can do it , can u say the same about them ? i dont think so 8-)

Blaze 18

Banned

we may not be so brilliant at bowling , but now with inclusion of ashwin and the way harbhajan has been performing in past 2 games, given zaheer and yuvraj , ours is not that too stupid a bowling attack copared to them

moreover they have always been known for producing good bowlers where as batting has been our strength. given a big target, i can surely say our team can do it , can u say the same about them ? i dont think so 8-)
All that's well and good. I just don't agree with "beat Aussies who have just lost to pakistan ?". You were making it sound like Australia lost to Kenya. :p It's high time people start giving Pakistan their due.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
All that's well and good. I just don't agree with "beat Aussies who have just lost to pakistan ?". You were making it sound like Australia lost to Kenya. :p It's high time people start giving Pakistan their due.
oh! just keep on with this till april 2 mate :)

smash84

The Tiger King

yeah but the difference is that when Pakistan perform well on their day then the other team's good performance is almost always overshadowed. And Yuvraj is not really a regular bowler. He has been doing well of late in the WC but it is not like a he is a genuinely good bowler.

Yeah and this tournament is all about winning a few matches on the trot so Pakistan's inconsistency is not that big of a disadvantage. And mind you Pakistan seem to have played better cricket than India in this WC thanks to their bowling. Can't say the same about India despite their super strong batting lineup

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Crayish was bad vs Pakistan really, but he won't trouble the Indian batsmen imho.
Why do you say this? The site of Krayzeh's greatest cricketing moment was in India against a side with many of these players in it. Been pretty impressed with him this WC whenever I've gotten to watch him tbh. Krayzeh to take 8 IMO.

Only thing I can say for certain about this match is that Friday is going to be a tough tough day at work.