• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want both India and Aus to qualify for Semi's, is it possible? weird format, one of cricketing superpowers (atleast in revenue) will be knocked out. :mellow:
No not a weird format, had you both performed better and won your groups you wouldn't be meeting now.

BeeGee

International Captain
I want both India and Aus to qualify for Semi's, is it possible? weird format, one of cricketing superpowers (atleast in revenue) will be knocked out. :mellow:
FFS!! So your suggesting that the format should be adjusted so the richest teams can meet in the final? 8-)

Some of the comments in this thread are just ****ing ludicrous.

Spark

Global Moderator
Geez calm down BeeGee. No one is actually suggesting that revenue should be a basis for the competition.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BeeGee may be overreacting, but he's right in that angad is the second person who has implied that Australia and India should be entitled to be in the semis, and blamed the format for that not happening.

Pretty silly viewpoint.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah indeed. Mostly our fault you'd say, although a really argumentative folk to try to say the less-than-brilliant NRR has a bit to do with the scheduling, perhaps...

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yusuf Pathan is due a big one. I would be shaking in my boots if I were the opposition.

Not really.
Lol I didn't even see the white there untill Jono pointed it out.

I can see a very difficult job regulating this thread for the mods. Already tension has increased and I'm sure once the match starts so will the tempers. As a neutral I think it's going to be very entertaining following this thread :)

irfan

State Captain
India vs Australia - easily the best of the QF match-ups ala ManUre vs. Chelsea in the Champs League.

If we are purely looking at this game from a skill and form basis, then all indicators point towards an Indian victory. However, the psychological barrier of getting past Australia in a knock-out game irrespective of how "good" this Australian side is, should not be discounted. Reckon the match might threaten to go down the wire, but ultimately it'll be one-sided. The winner of this game will make the final but I think South Africa will win the WC.

Expect the MOTM to be one of these six

Key players (Australia):
Watson, Mussey, Lee

Surprise package:
White - reckon he might hit is way into some form

Key players (India):
Sachin, Yuvraj, Zaheer

Surprise Package:
Ashwin - Will get the Aussies groping, pushing and prodding (ahem.. I mean on the field)

smash84

The Tiger King
Is it to early to start a tribute thread for Tendulkar's ODI career or do I need to wait until Friday morning?
:laugh:

The class of 1992 was a good side that underperformed.
Wasn't Aus 1992 quite ordinary?

Australia are definitely favourites to win this (and I promise this isn't an anti-jinx or whatever). Facing Australia in a knockout match is akin to trying to stay calm whilst watching Megan Fox bathe. Very, very difficult. I believe the last time India beat Australia in a knockout game was way back in 2000 (the Champions trophy match where Yuvraj scored eighty-four).
haha. that is a nice analogy with megan fox.....although some like bustier babes like esther :)

Point taken. I actually said something similar to smalishah when he brought up India's record against Pakistan in World Cups. The point I'm trying to make here is that Australia are insanely good under pressure, which I feel is relevant. I have rarely seen them lose must-win/knockout games in my dozen or so years of watching cricket.
yeah you did but in the context of Australia you always have some character like Boon, or Bevan or Mussey. These characters typify Australianism which is why you can never write off Australia

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aus to bat first and post a total that's at least 20 short of what was deemed par pre-toss. India to chase at a canter.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
India vs Australia - easily the best of the QF match-ups ala ManUre vs. Chelsea in the Champs League.

If we are purely looking at this game from a skill and form basis, then all indicators point towards an Indian victory. However, the psychological barrier of getting past Australia in a knock-out game irrespective of how "good" this Australian side is, should not be discounted. Reckon the match might threaten to go down the wire, but ultimately it'll be one-sided. The winner of this game will make the final but I think South Africa will win the WC.
Lol, ask Munaf, Captain Dhobi and Pathan what these words mean. :laugh:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Oz to win by a fair margin. Good batting + Very good bowling>>Very good batting + umadkat bowling. I see the middle-over pie-chucking brigade being hammered by the Oz lower middle order. Will be absolutely devastated when we lose though, no doubt. All is excused if Mitchell takes five though. :wub:

As an aside, will be hilarious to see the OTT reaction from the Indian media and the 'new' section of fans who suddenly love cricket, worship the team and cannot miss even one ball of the WC but did not give a **** about the team prior to Feb and can't name 5 players in any other team.

smash84

The Tiger King
Oz to win by a fair margin. Good batting + Very good bowling>>Very good batting + umadkat bowling. I see the middle-over pie-chucking brigade being hammered by the Oz lower middle order. Will be absolutely devastated when we lose though, no doubt. All is excused if Mitchell takes five though. :wub:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Vintage Teja is all that I can say

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
The thing I am most afraid of: Tait v Sehwag/Tendulkar. Will either knock them off cheaply or go for a lot of runs, fast.