• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Tendulkar will be really really prepared for this one. He's gonna do everything to bat long and big in this match. But I'm really fearing the Aussies right now. And I have to work on thursday as well.. =(

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Man i am so feared for the first time in my life..............If we get through this their's no one who can stop us from winning the cup!!!!

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I really want India to win this one because a semi final between Pak and them will be amazing. Also don't want to face the aussies again.

Lee's off-cutter which knocked over Tendulkar's stumps was a beauty.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be a cracker. Am nervous though, reckon India will romp it home personally.

Still not a fan of the idea that after this game, one of India and Australia will be out. Silly format it is.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Still not a fan of the idea that after this game, one of India and Australia will be out. Silly format it is.
maybe australia and india can just go straight to the final , drop round robin, qtrs and semi. all together. :ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
Watson and Haddin need to go large at the top of the order. That way, our questionable middle order just needs to piggy back off that foundation.

Lee and Tait then need to rip the top off India's order.

Not out of the question that these things can occur.
Lee was just awesome against Pakistan. He looked like taking a wicket every over.

Australia in with a real chance here, think India's top-order isn't travelling as well as they'd appear. The big variable is whether the Aussies can put on enough runs to put them under the pump if they bat first and whether they can take early top-order poles to put the squeeze on India's softer middle-order. Shaping up to be the game of the tournament.
The real test for the Indians will come if they chase against Aus. If Aus manage a decent total then we are in for a real match. The Indian batting will be tested. I wonder how the Indians will fare against express pace (Tait). They have had a mixed record against Akhtar and Lee in the past.

As optimistic as I've always been, and as arrogant and overconfident as other may perceive me to be, I'm **** scared for this matchup. Really very nervous for the first time ever.

Need Sehwag and Sachin to fire.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is sigworthy

Worried about Johnson and Lee mainly. They have done it a few times in the past where after their spells India is 20/4 or so. Do not see us recovering from that. Tendulkar and Sehwag need to stay. Man am I fearing Thursday.
Johnson hasn't looked that threating against good quality opposition tbh. Lee was just superb against Pakistan. He was getting the ball to move and was bowling at 90+ mph. Lethal combination. The other Aus bowlers looked pedestrian compared to him.

Agree and also just saw Rob's video starring Lee and Tendulkar. Could potentially be Tendulkar's last ODI. Starts at 2.00 AM and I have to work the next day. Hope it is worth it.
Nah.......I doubt it would be Tendy's last ODI. The man is seeing the ball too well. Might be Lee's last ODI fwiw :)

Spark

Global Moderator
Johnson hasn't looked that threating against good quality opposition tbh.
Which is a fairly useless indicator of how he'll bowl next match though. He might have one of his one-off days where it swings, and then he becomes ridiculously unplayable.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
The organisers will be loving having a match like this in the semi finals.

Sadly I think India will win; our batting is very questionable and our bowling can be handled by the better opposition teams.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
The organisers will be loving having a match like this in the semi finals.

Sadly I think India will win; our batting is very questionable and our bowling can be handled by the better opposition teams.
It's a 1/4 final, but anyway, on form & conditions, you'd have to expect India to start healthy favourites.

As much as I wish otherwise, India to thrash Australia by 65 runs or 6 wickets & 6 overs.

Ponting to retire from all forms of international cricket on the weekend. :ph34r:

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
If we win this,we will be facing Pakistan!!Damn.....What a format...........

And ya i mean to say i am afraid about the result of this match cozz i have some bets to win :D

EDIT:SO ozziee fans started Anti-jinxing :P

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I was really nervous a few hours back, but you know what, **** it! Bring on the Aussies!

Chak De India :cool: