• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 2 - India v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Australia might just win this. Once they bat first and put up a score in excess of 250, its very hard to look past them. Their express pace bowlers might trouble India, plus the excellent fielding to boot. Probably the only way India can win is to bat first put up a score around 300 and look to put the pressure using the spinners.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Now this is ridiculous. Every time Australia comes up against a co-favourite, someone says this. It's been said so often it's a cliche!
TBH, I really didn't like his interview as well.

Why can't he say "We're going to go out there, do what we know we can and hopefully it will be enough. We are defending champions but we're still hungry to win this cup again. We are used to pressure because success is expected of us."

I detest this "they are at home, they'll be under pressure, they've got a lot to play for", as if Australia is waiting for India to do something wrong to believe they have a chance - essentially shifting the onus on them. I pray that is not the team's mentality. I hope they truly believe that if they go out there doing what they know they can do; they'll win the match. I think we definitely have the better team and we should go play like we know that is the case - even if we do lose.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting is on "Headlines Today" along with Ganguly in a live discussion. Well, think it's a wrong time to be getting into a live discussion like this during a world cup. Why face questions like "are you under pressure?", "are you frustrated with your form" etc. Odd, but probably the channel paid big bucks to get him on TV.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Australia might just win this. Once they bat first and put up a score in excess of 250, its very hard to look past them. Their express pace bowlers might trouble India, plus the excellent fielding to boot. Probably the only way India can win is to bat first put up a score around 300 and look to put the pressure using the spinners.
Only Lee has been good in this tournament so far. No need to worry about express pace IMO.

Ponting is on "Headlines Today" along with Ganguly in a live discussion. Well, think it's a wrong time to be getting into a live discussion like this during a world cup. Why face questions like "are you under pressure?", "are you frustrated with your form" etc. Odd, but probably the channel paid big bucks to get him on TV.
wow.....must be real big bucks.....might be Ponting's retirement package :ph34r:

Not a good thing to do IMO

Blaze 18

Banned
That HT dude took Yuvraj's words completely out of context (and then got owned by Ricky Ponting :laugh:). I absolutely hate our media.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That HT dude took Yuvraj's words completely out of context (and then got owned by Ricky Ponting :laugh:). I absolutely hate our media.
Also tried to make a saint out of Tendulkar for walking before umpire's decision. Good job by both Ganguly and Ponting for not letting that fly.

Blaze 18

Banned
Also tried to make a saint out of Tendulkar for walking before umpire's decision. Good job by both Ganguly and Ponting for not letting that fly.
The worst part was when the guy said something like "I hope India win" or some such thing three-four times. Jeez, we all know every Indian wants an Indian win (except maybe Teja :ph34r:), but there's something called diplomacy. He was even about to ask him about Australia's strategy to deal with Sachin Tendulkar! :laugh: Some Most of our reporters are thick.

smash84

The Tiger King
The worst part was when the guy said something like "I hope India win" or some such thing three-four times. Jeez, we all know every Indian wants an Indian win (except maybe Teja :ph34r:), but there's something called diplomacy. He was even about to ask him about Australia's strategy to deal with Sachin Tendulkar! :laugh: Some Most of our reporters are thick.
:laugh:

There are some Teja type characters here amongst my friends who can irritate the crap out of the rest of the spectators. They clap when a Pak wicket falls and dance when a Pak bowler goes for runs and cheer the opposition. Teja seems like one of those...........

Teja WAG.....

BeeGee

International Captain
Now this is ridiculous. Every time Australia comes up against a co-favourite, someone says this. It's been said so often it's a cliche!
Just because a lot of people say it doesn't make it right. It just means there are a lot of narrow minded, blinkered people out there who like to repeat the same thing over and over again because they can't come up with an original thought.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
I don't think it's the same thing. Haddin kept on getting quick 40s and then not adjusting his game once the powerplays were over, and getting out caught playing a needless shot. He was doing his job from overs 1-15, but then he was getting out softly rather than persevering through the middle overs.

Now he's not getting the job done in the first 10-15.
He might be surviving past the 10-15 over but he still getting out to a needless shot see the Pakistan game. And telling a guy to basically be there till the end is telling him to take less risks. That in turn has led to Haddin's slow scoring rate. Now Ponting wants him to score quicker i.e. take more risk again.

BeeGee

International Captain
He might be surviving past the 10-15 over but he still getting out to a needless shot see the Pakistan game. And telling a guy to basically be there till the end is telling him to take less risks. That in turn has led to Haddin's slow scoring rate. Now Ponting wants him to score quicker i.e. take more risk again.
As a neutral observer, I don't think the problem with the Aussie batting is Haddin, it's Ponting. If Ponting finds form, Australia will find form. He's the most crucial cog in that batting lineup and he needs to score some runs.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
I agree Ponting is the big key and to an extent White. However if Haddin bats like he did against Pakistan then he is a problem as we have quite a few players in our side that also chew up balls including Ponting himself and White. His knock against NZ was perfect, that is what I believe he is in the side to do, not be there till the end as that is what Ponting, Clarke and White are there to do.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBH, I really didn't like his interview as well.

Why can't he say "We're going to go out there, do what we know we can and hopefully it will be enough. We are defending champions but we're still hungry to win this cup again. We are used to pressure because success is expected of us."
Press interviews aren't about sober analysis, players and coaches also try to get into the heads of the oppo. If India are stupid enough to take what he says on-board, it's worked hasn't it? We're talking professional athletes here, not analysts. He mentions specific players in the line-up as key and suggests that if they fail, India will too. That might put more pressure on them to do well in their own minds. Or it might not but it's 100% more likely to do so than if you don't say it.

Last edited:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Are you guys really going to waste time discussing this?

Common you Indian fans, it's obvious the opposition is going to obliterate us.

This is the KNOCK OUT stages. Indian team has never done well in these type of formats. Australian team loves this format.

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Are you guys really going to waste time discussing this?

Common you Indian fans, it's obvious the opposition is going to obliterate us.

This is the KNOCK OUT stages. Indian team has never done well in these type of formats. Australian team loves this format.
Your team are either playing tomorrow, or Saturday not Thursday