View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pakistan

21 75.00%
  • West Indies

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 1 - Pakistan v West Indies

*Official* Quarter Final 1 - Pakistan v West Indies

Pakistan v West Indies
    Wed Mar 23

Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
    08:30 GMT | 14:30 local | 19:30 EST | 19:00 CST | 16:30 WST

Pakistan Squad

Shahid Afridi (captain), Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq, Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal (wicketkeeper), Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Akmal (wicketkeeper), Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain), Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper)

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    The Windies have the talent, they've just struggled to put together an all-round performance.
    Pakistan looking good to win this, but if the Windies can just get everything to click...

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Somerset Chops's Avatar
    [QUOTE=BeeGee;2511066]The Windies have the talent, they've just struggled to put together an all-round performance.
    Pakistan looking good to win this, but if the Windies can just get everything to click...[/QUOTE]

I have a sneaking feeling this will happen if they sort their batting line up out.

The Windies are near enough just as talented as the Pakistani players, but they struggle as a unit. That's the difference between the two teams in my opinion.

Still Pakistan are favouritives
    Last edited by qarishahg; 20-03-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    "During my 21 years of playing cricket, I have never been approached by anyone or offered a bribe"

Imran Khan

PAKISTAN PERSONALISED WORLD CUP 2011 CRICKET SHIRT KEYRING...

Click Here

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I actually quite fancy the Windies for it provided Gayle, Roach & Chanderpaul are restored to the team.

Rampaul made a good case for being retained today as well.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    I'm finding it difficult to look past Pakistan in this one, but that's generally when they surprise you and produce an inept performance. They still have problems with their batting if Younis and Misbah don't produce, but I expect their bowling to prove too much for WI, especially if they go in with the lack of depth they've played with in the last two games.

Think WI will have difficulties in getting Rehman/Ajmal, Afridi and Hafeez away, while Gul and Akhtar (or Riaz) will provide the cutting edge to the attack.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Tentative vote for Pakistan, they still have the ability to self destruct but i think on current form West Indies look more likely to, chances for WI depend on Gayle and Roach. If they don't fire all over.

GGG
    All things equal Pakistan should win comfortabily.

Pakistan will definately start as favourites, even though I am far from convinced by their top order.

While both sides are talented and mercurial the Pakistanis have better depth in batting and bowling. They've a lot more balance to their side, especially with Chanderpaul being left out and Sammy getting a free ride.
    'It seems that perfection is attained, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.'

U19 Debutant
    A battle of two awful batting teams. Either team will fancy defending 230+ regardless of the wicket

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    It'll all depend on the team balance that the Windies decide on, presuming Roach and Gayle are fit. Thomas coming in at 6 is just asking for trouble. I can see the Windies rolling Pakistan for a slow total though with the two (maybe three) Rs destroying the Pakistani top order. On paper I don't even think Pakistan are ahead by much, if at all
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Somerset Chops;2511071]
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeGee View Post
    The Windies have the talent, they've just struggled to put together an all-round performance.
    Pakistan looking good to win this, but if the Windies can just get everything to click...[/QUOTE]

I have a sneaking feeling this will happen if they sort their batting line up out.
    yeah I am having a strange feeling about our team in the QF.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    I'm finding it difficult to look past Pakistan in this one, but that's generally when they surprise you and produce an inept performance..
    Sadly. THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Isura View Post
    A battle of two awful batting teams. Either team will fancy defending 230+ regardless of the wicket
    lol......true. The batting for both teams is just awful. Gayle the key for WI. Pakistan need Umar Khatmal to do well.

The battle between the two most unpredictable sides in the tournament.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Fairly confident WI will win this one.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool View Post
    Fairly confident WI will win this one.
    I hope your prediction ends up in the same manner as the Pakistan vs Australia prediction

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    I hope your prediction ends up in the same manner as the Pakistan vs Australia prediction
    May well turn out that way. If you ask me this one is the most even out of all the group games, Think SA, India and SL will cakewalk their games. This one could go either way, though I think WI have yet to peak this tournament and Pakistan may already have.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information