• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Quarter Final 1 - Pakistan v West Indies

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himannv

International Coach
I voted for Pakistan but I dont think it will be that clear cut. West Indies have their bowlers performing well now and all thats needed is for their batsmen to come to the party.

Mike5181

International Captain
Both teams are dangerous. Pakistan on paper the better team but West Indies are well capable of pulling off an upset here. The key obviously would be Gayle and Roach. West Indies making it to the semi finals would be pretty special.

smash84

The Tiger King
so who can be the pakistani players who can ruin the WI party?

Gul? Hafeez? Afridi? Umar Khatmal?

smash84

The Tiger King
I voted Pakistan but i think the poll is misleading. It shouldn't e 75-25 in favor of pakistan imo

Blaze 18

Banned
West Indies' batting = Chris Gayle. Only if he fires can West Indies put up a competitive score (or chase down a competitive score). Chanderpaul may not be picked, Sarwan seems to have decided it's a Test World Cup, "Lara" has potential but hasn't done much after the South Africa match. That leaves Sammy and Pollard, two sloggers in the Afridi mould. That's a very weak batting line-up, whichever way you look at it. The chances of that line-up posting even 200,against a Pakistani attack that's been firing on all cylinders, are almost zero.

Mike5181

International Captain
so who can be the pakistani players who can ruin the WI party?

Gul? Hafeez? Afridi? Umar Khatmal?
Misbah is the pin though. Pull it out and the rest may fall apart. He is the key wicket IMO. Gul is obviously the Pakistan bowler to look out for.

smash84

The Tiger King
Misbah is the pin though. Pull it out and the rest may fall apart. He is the key wicket IMO. Gul is obviously the Pakistan bowler to look out for.
I hope the top order does something and it doesn't come down to the lower order. Khatmal and hafeez have done nothing up the order

qarishahg

Cricket Spectator
Im not surre why cricinfo have decided to top the news with India vs Australia and SA vs NZ and no mention of tomorrrows big game?

smash84

The Tiger King
cricinfo needs the money too :)..........besides there is no question where most of the public interest lies........Ind vs Aus definitely

salman85

International Debutant
Apparently Chanderpaul will play the QF,which would give Afridi around 5 more overs to plan out his victory speech.

Himannv

International Coach
Misbah is the pin though. Pull it out and the rest may fall apart. He is the key wicket IMO.
I dont really agree. Misbah hasn't really been firing as often as that. Umar Akmal has been the player who appears to have made the difference with the bat so far. I would place a heavier price on his wicket than on Misbah's right now.

Himannv

International Coach
cricinfo needs the money too :)..........besides there is no question where most of the public interest lies........Ind vs Aus definitely
Agree that its probably the biggest fixture of the lot. Still WI and PAK sounds like it will be just as good a game. As for SL vs ENG, any game with England in it right now is bound to be a cliffhanger.

smash84

The Tiger King
Agree that its probably the biggest fixture of the lot. Still WI and PAK sounds like it will be just as good a game. As for SL vs ENG, any game with England in it right now is bound to be a cliffhanger.
England, intentionally or unintentionally have been serving cliffhangers to the public.......I think SL will end their run

Dhoni_fan

U19 Debutant
Pretty good draw this for the West Indies!

If they could have chosen any team in the last 8 I would place a wager it would have been Pakistan! they have had some good results but they are also notorious for being inconsistent.

A win against Sri Lanka followed by a loss to New Zealand followed by a win v Australia.

West Indies need to play Shiv and with Gayle and Roach back they will be a tough nut to crack for Pakistan.

Last time these two sides met in a WC cup in 2007 Windies won handsomely on the opening day and they also beat Pakistan in the semi finals of the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 on their way to the title.

So the West Indies would have the physiological advantage going into this match.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pretty good draw this for the West Indies!

If they could have chosen any team in the last 8 I would place a wager it would have been Pakistan! they have had some good results but they are also notorious for being inconsistent.

A win against Sri Lanka followed by a loss to New Zealand followed by a win v Australia.

West Indies need to play Shiv and with Gayle and Roach back they will be a tough nut to crack for Pakistan.

Last time these two sides met in a WC cup in 2007 Windies won handsomely on the opening day and they also beat Pakistan in the semi finals of the ICC Champions Trophy 2004 on their way to the title.

So the West Indies would have the physiological advantage going into this match.
I think the psychological advantage might not be there because this is a very different pakistan team from the one that played in 2007. Very few players remain from that match.