Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pakistan

21 75.00%
  • West Indies

7 25.00%
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 1 - Pakistan v West Indies

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    With a not-so-subtle degree of difference. Just been watching the highlights and quietly ****ing spewing here.

Travesty he's allowed to turn his arm over.

Anyway, angry old man shouting at clouds aside, kudos to Pakistan. Thoroughly professional performance. Kick in the Windies' collective cobblers tho. Yeah, Russell missing out for Sammy was a joke, but the way they swallowed it was awful to see.
    really...........is his arm really bending too much?????????
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    In a word: yes.

In two: ****, yes.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

With a not-so-subtle degree of difference. Just been watching the highlights and quietly ****ing spewing here.

Travesty he's allowed to turn his arm over.
    Yeah, I cringed inside when I watched him bowl last night. The old line of "How was that umpire, run out?" by the batsman applies when Ajmal is bowling his doosras. He should be banned from bowling that particular delivery - automatic no-ball.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Gayle on twitter before the match

I'm feeling like a Lion!!! Need a big juicy Steak well Done....Don't mess with a hungry lion rrrrrr" lol woi lol..but I'm serious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Gayle on twitter before the match

I'm feeling like a Lion!!! Need a big juicy Steak well Done....Don't mess with a hungry lion rrrrrr" lol woi lol..but I'm serious!!!
    Was he high?

Kamran Akmal keeps pretty well and their opening batsmen put on a fantastic partnership, how unlucky for WI that both these unlikely incidents take place on the same day!!

Once again really impressed with Pakistan's overall game and while WI never really showed, Pakistan's qualities deserve the headlines.

Gul was spot on early, only offering a couple of balls of width to the left-handers, but grabbing the crucial wicket of Gayle. At times I'm resigned to thinking that's Gayle, he has a lot of success batting in this manner so the rough has to be taken with the smooth, till I realised how poor he has been since his last century, some 34 innings ago. A more responsible approach should be on the horizon.

Then it was all about the trio of spinners for Pakistan of which WI had no answer or visible plan in how to counter them. Was a difficult dilemma for Chanderpaul and Sarwan after losing three early wickets. Clearly they wanted to consolidate, but their rate was funerial, and allowed the bowlers to bowl their areas without any pressure being put back onto them. But while they remained at the crease WI had hope, another collapse took away any hope they had in being competitive. There was little proactivity by WI, but that can be difficult when wickets continually tumble.

Afridi was outstanding again, Ajmal and his controversial doosra was close to unplayable, and Hafeez troubled batsman more with his drift than any significant spin.

Hafeez and Akmal then made very light work of the chase. Some glorious strokeplay getting them off to a flyer before a more sensible finish ensured they kept all 10 wickets in the shed. A stunning statement from Pakistan and it would make for an excellent game (or two) if they maintain this standard for the rest of the tournament.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by JBH001 View Post
    Yeah, I cringed inside when I watched him bowl last night. The old line of "How was that umpire, run out?" by the batsman applies when Ajmal is bowling his doosras. He should be banned from bowling that particular delivery - automatic no-ball.
    Oh didn't notice that tbh...........no wonder his doosras were quite literally spinning like leg breaks. How come he isn't being reported though????? From what I gauge from both of your reactions it is pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster View Post
    Kamran Akmal keeps pretty well and their opening batsmen put on a fantastic partnership, how unlucky for WI that both these unlikely incidents take place on the same day!!

Once again really impressed with Pakistan's overall game and while WI never really showed, Pakistan's qualities deserve the headlines.

Gul was spot on early, only offering a couple of balls of width to the left-handers, but grabbing the crucial wicket of Gayle. At times I'm resigned to thinking that's Gayle, he has a lot of success batting in this manner so the rough has to be taken with the smooth, till I realised how poor he has been since his last century, some 34 innings ago. A more responsible approach should be on the horizon.

Then it was all about the trio of spinners for Pakistan of which WI had no answer or visible plan in how to counter them. Was a difficult dilemma for Chanderpaul and Sarwan after losing three early wickets. Clearly they wanted to consolidate, but their rate was funerial, and allowed the bowlers to bowl their areas without any pressure being put back onto them. But while they remained at the crease WI had hope, another collapse took away any hope they had in being competitive. There was little proactivity by WI, but that can be difficult when wickets continually tumble.

Afridi was outstanding again, Ajmal and his controversial doosra was close to unplayable, and Hafeez troubled batsman more with his drift than any significant spin.

Hafeez and Akmal then made very light work of the chase. Some glorious strokeplay getting them off to a flyer before a more sensible finish ensured they kept all 10 wickets in the shed. A stunning statement from Pakistan and it would make for an excellent game (or two) if they maintain this standard for the rest of the tournament.
    Yeah very well written.....lol@ Khatmal and opening pair clicking, a double whammy against the poor WI

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    His doosra has presumably been tested and found to be just within the legal limit, if he hasn't had it brought up by the powers that be. Regardless, it's absolutely awful to watch.
    Join the CW Commentary Discord - https://discord.gg/2cYpfrf

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    His doosra has presumably been tested and found to be just within the legal limit, if he hasn't had it brought up by the powers that be. Regardless, it's absolutely awful to watch.
    hmmm...........if it has been tested then good for him..........but it was spinning ridiculously at times tbh..........

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    Nothing wrong with bending the arm if I understand the rule right. Just that the arm shouldn't straighten.

Haven't watched him closely enough to notice the straightening but maybe I'll catch it in the highlights package or the semi's.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Pollard, Thomas, Benn, Sammy, Smith and Rampaul should be thrown out. Keep Pollard for the 20/20s, comeback to Thomas when he can get into double figures, Sammy is finished in all formats, same with Benn, novelty factor bowler who only bashes minnows, while Smith is a nothing batsman and Rampaul a nothing, overweight bowler who had one good game in 4 years last weekend. Also ask Chanderpaul to retire from limited overs cricket, he is 36, brings no longevity and the Windies still get humiliated with or without him. Also keep an eye on Sarwan, only 30 but he had a very poor WC and he has fitness issues. Build the team around Roach, Russell, Barath and Bravo Junior and introduce the U19 guys, Jason Holder and Kraigg Brathwaite. Just dump senior Bravo and Gayle if they would rather play KFC cricket than international cricket. Wouldn't even think about Jerome Taylor and Fidel Edwards, would need the stars to be aligned to get Taylor, Roach and Fidel onto the same park.

Cricket Spectator

You joking right..he's got the cleanest action compared to Murali, Botha and Bhajji. Bowls a better doosra by a mile

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZag View Post
    You joking right..he's got the cleanest action compared to Murali, Botha and Bhajji. Bowls a better doosra by a mile
    Deadly serious. Fairly convinced he chucks his off break too, but if his doosra isn't a throw than I've never seen one. Ajmal makes Murali's action look like Jim Laker's.

Botha's a filthy chucker too. His standard offie is bad enough but has actually been banned from "bowling" his doosra.

"Cleanest action". Lol.

Oh, and welcome back.

Cricket Spectator
    Deadly serious. Fairly convinced he chucks his off break too, but if his doosra isn't a throw than I've never seen one. Ajmal makes Murali's action look like Jim Laker's.

Botha's a filthy chucker too. His standard offie is bad enough but has actually been banned from "bowling" his doosra.

"Cleanest action". Lol.

Oh, and welcome back.
    Well i'm sure we have umpires and technology to check his action...and i stand by my point if Murali, Bhajji and Botha are all legal then so is Ajmal.

'Oh, and welcome back' - you are mistaking me for someone else mate haha

Request Your Custom Title Now! Howe_zat's Avatar
    Legal or not, Ajmal's action is horrible. Pause at 1:15 here - ignore the commentators - and tell me that's not chucking.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread Information