View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pakistan

21 75.00%
  • West Indies

7 25.00%
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Quarter Final 1 - Pakistan v West Indies

I think there could be a big upset on the cards here. On paper Pakistan are all over the Windies like a rash but I can see a Gayle coming off and he is due a big one.

Also with the game being in Bangla...its definitely bringing back good memories to the Windies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    But Pak's opening spin bowler doesn't turn it and doesn't get many wickets so Gayle should like that. Pak haven't played in Bangladesh as well, so the Windies will at least be more in-tune with the conditions.
    That match lasted all of thirty-one overs. I don't think that's going to help them much to be honest. Besides, the conditions will certainly suit Pakistan more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    That match lasted all of thirty-one overs. I don't think that's going to help them much to be honest. Besides, the conditions will certainly suit Pakistan more.

Banned

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    I think there could be a big upset on the cards here. On paper Pakistan are all over the Windies like a rash but I can see a Gayle coming off and he is due a big one.

Also with the game being in Bangla...its definitely bringing back good memories to the Windies.
    Really? Though it'll depend on the Windies selection
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Was at the length of the game. Your right, its not much of an advantage considering the opposition couldn't score more than 58.

I think pakistan will win this, the only thing that can really stop them is an onslaught from gayle lasting about 8 to 10 overs, and i seriously cant see that happening. I am certain pakistan will come up with a plan to tackle that considering hes the only real threat that can change the game single-handedly. Pakistan also has a major psychological advantage coming into the game, WI have lost 2 games from a potential winning position i.e.vs England and India. The pitch should also suit pakistan.
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

> > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I'm glad that so many people are underrating, because we always perform better that way. We need a good plan to eliminate Gayle, but Sarwan and Chanderpaul (if playing) could be dangerous. I don't think Roach should be a huge problem because we are used to fast bowling attacks. The real problem could be either Bishoo or Benn. let's hope that the WI go with Sammy instead of Shiv and that he fails to perform.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    People are not underating Pakistan.Don't go by this thread alone.This is probably the most one sided match out of the four QFs along with SA-NZ.Both South Africa and Pakistan start as favorites for their matches,unlike the other QFs.

Banned
    Pakistan will easly win against West Indies if they play to their potential.

You have a 100% ratio of quality posts

Im sure Afridi has a good record as an opening batsmen. He may just get about 20 or 30 on average but it helps the run rate.

I would like to see him and Umar open to give Paksitan a flying start. But not sure where hafeez would then go, we can't get rid of him becouse hes an essential bowler.

Not too sure about Abdur Rehmaan either. Shoaib is a must though
    "During my 21 years of playing cricket, I have never been approached by anyone or offered a bribe"

Imran Khan

PAKISTAN PERSONALISED WORLD CUP 2011 CRICKET SHIRT KEYRING...

Click Here

Shoaib's WC seems to be over sadly.

I'm half hoping that Wahab has a horrible game and gets hit for 100 runs in 8,but we still manage to win so Shoaib replaces him for the semi.

vcs
    How many Pakistan and Windies players who played in the WC match in 2007 are involved in this match? WI should certainly play Chanderpaul if for no other reason.

For Pakistan : Hafeez,Younis,Akmal and Gul.

For West Indies : Gayle,Chanderpaul (if picked) and Sarwan

Don't see how picking Shiv is linked with these two games.He didn't set the world on fire in that match.
    Last edited by salman85; 21-03-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information