• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attribute for winning the World Cup

Which attribute plays the largest part in winning the WC

• Depth ( strong replacements)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Experience (been in finals before)

• Playing for a cause (last WC, making a point )

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Peaking at the right time will be important in this tournament since there is no dominante team, unlike 2003 and 2007.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Scoring more runs than your opponents IMO.
AWTA.

Seriously speaking though, kudos to the OP for creating a tough poll with a lot of viable options. I would say momentum and confidence will probably make the difference in this World Cup, and SA and Pakistan are well placed in that department.

Uppercut

Skill and luck, mainly. The more cricket I watch the more convinced I become that momentum between matches is almost completely an illusion.

Uppercut

Although I would bracket peaking at the right time under luck, tbh. Or maybe as a combination of skill and luck.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Momentum between matches is more or less a myth in my book. Of these options, I'd say the preparation and strategy is an underrated asset to have.

Of course, all of these thing pale in comparison to skill. You can't win without having players that are among the best.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
No magic attributes. Do well on the day (which is made easier by quality of players). That's it.

smash84

The Tiger King
captaincy will make a big difference. Dhoni's Midas touch if lost on the day will cost India the game. Ponting has been quite **** as captain for the last year or so

Himannv

International Coach
Without the option of picking more than one or a non serious option, I decline from picking at all.

Luck missing here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Momentum and peaking at the right time are too different things.

Momentum is you are playing well because you are in form.

Peaking at the right time means you happen to play well in the important matches.

That is different.

Uppercut

this.

Possibly minus skill given that all you need to do is win 3 KO matches.
Yeah, that's it. Winning and losing can come down to whether your star opening batsman gets a thin nick or misses the ball entirely in the first over of the big match.

Luck never gets enough credit for making things happen.