Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best WC in a long time?

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    The standard of play in Group A has been way below that in Group B AFAIC. The SL v Pak game was cricket at its absolute lowest possible quality with Pakistan dropping catches like there was no tomorrow or Kapugedera batting like he was playing a test match. Australia have been woeful in all of their games and I think they might well do everyone a favor by getting themselves knocked out in the QF's. SL havent performed to half of their ability and NZ also wont make it past the quarters barring a miracle from Ross Taylor's bat.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Chamara Silva you mean, not Kapugedera
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    The party will be over soon with the quarterfinals spelling doom for 4 teams. So I am not sure it is the best WC just because of the sudden ending to it all. Gripping Television coming up for each game though. Heroes and Villains will emerge. New legends to written about.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

GGG
    Don't like the format to be honest, rather the 92 format where the top 9 teams play everyone once and the one extra spot is decided in a minnow world cup.

The last world cup in the carribean was spoilt by lack of attendees, but having said that there were some great matches, i still remember the match with mailngas 4 wickets in 4 balls.

I think this is turrning into one of the best ones, subcontinet pitches favour everyone and the crowds are very supportive there and have alot of enthusiasm no matter who is playing. It's sad that pakistan didnt get to host as they are no different.
    "During my 21 years of playing cricket, I have never been approached by anyone or offered a bribe"

Imran Khan

PAKISTAN PERSONALISED WORLD CUP 2011 CRICKET SHIRT KEYRING...

Click Here

Ireland didn't make it into the quarters so technically worst World Cup since '07.

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Don't like the format to be honest, rather the 92 format where the top 9 teams play everyone once and the one extra spot is decided in a minnow world cup.
    That's called a World Championship. They're planning those in both formats over the next couple of years.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Where do we rank it now the fat lady's singing?

I think the final might've just lifted it above 1999, which didn't get the denouement the tournament deserved.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Been great for me. Enough excitement in drawn out group stages (England mainly) and some fantastic knockout matches.

Best since 92.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Tournament in general has been very good. Final was the best in a while, but still not great. Aside from a couple of players SL didn't bring their best.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Some fantastic matches this time around, so much better thann four years ago. Shame the final couldn't have been closer, but still.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Yeah, been quality. Pity half of SL decided not to show up but a good game of cricket nonetheless.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

When you're watching the final, whatever goes on beforehand tends to fade into the mist

However, the format of this one was terrible - literally a wast of a month or two before we found out what we already knew

The standard was also rank but that has as much to do with the era as format

From what I have seen.

Not one 300+ score in the 7 KO games. So much for the expected SC batting-only games.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information