cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ian Chappell is one annoying old bugger

U19 Vice-Captain
    He is awful and doesn't add any value to the booth. Chappell + Gavaskar is just awful together too

U19 Captain

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16 View Post
    rofl
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16 View Post
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Why India will beat Pakistan: Ian Chappell | News | NDTVSports.com

Chappell says India will beat Pakistan.I have no problem with that,India probably into this match with an edge over us.He says Dhoni is the calmer captain,which is something i agree with.But then Ian says "When you guide your team through tough situations, that builds confidence in the team. Once the team believes that the captain can do some good things, then they (good things) tend to happen."

Surely,no other captain in this tournament has guided a team through tougher times,and no captain in the tournament has been in such top drawer form as Afridi.Confused much Ian?
    Last edited by salman85; 26-03-2011 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    Why India will beat Pakistan: Ian Chappell | News | NDTVSports.com

Chappell says India will beat Pakistan.I have no problem with that,India probably into this match with an edge over us.He says Dhoni is the calmer captain,which is something i agree with.But then Ian says "When you guide your team through tough situations, that builds confidence in the team. Once the team believes that the captain can do some good things, then they (good things) tend to happen."

Surely,no other captain in this tournament has guided a team through tougher times,and no captain in the tournament has been in such top drawer form as Afridi.Confused much Ian?
    lol.. your quoted bit was a general statement from Chappell. I don't think he is ever hinting anywhere in that column that Dhoni is the ONLY calm captain around.. He is just talking about Dhoni in this aspect relative to Afridi. Overreaction much?

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    I'm only talking of the Dhoni-Afridi comparison,which is what Ian talks about.

My point is that he's criticizing Afridi for the same thing that he eventually sums up his good captain definition with,in the text i quoted.And surely,if the quoted text is how he defines a great captain,then Afridi is better than anyone in this competition.Yet he refuses to acknowledge any of it,which makes him sound more cringe-worthy.

It's not over-reaction.But yes,it does piss me off a lot.You'd be pissed too if your captain was doing great and was getting un-necessary crap from someone like Ian,who going by his experience of the game,should be more reasonable.
    Last edited by salman85; 26-03-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salman85 View Post
    I'm only talking of the Dhoni-Afridi comparison,which is what Ian talks about.

My point is that he's criticizing Afridi for the same thing that he eventually sums up his good captain definition with,in the text i quoted.And surely,if the quoted text is how he defines a great captain,then Afridi is better than anyone in this competition.Yet he refuses to acknowledge any of it,which makes him sound more cringe-worthy.

It's not over-reaction.But yes,it does piss me off a lot.You'd be pissed too if your captain was doing great and was getting un-necessary crap from someone like Ian,who going by his experience of the game,should be more reasonable.
    I m not in the mood to argue on a saturday morning I will give you this. Chappelli takes his dislike of Afrid to stupid levels, even if the original reasons for his dislike were valid.

Beyond that though, I don't see anything particularly wrong in the article you have linked to. And I guess when he talks about the captain guiding the team through tough situations, he is perhaps thinking about difficult situations in the game than the whole spot-fixing saga for Pakistan. I mean, come on, it is obvious he dislikes Afridi and takes it to stupid levels, so he is onlly being true to form in refusing to acknowledge Afridi doing great for Pak as a captain this WC,

on the field of course Dhoni has been much much greater than Afridi in guiding the team through tough situations.

I wonder what Chappell will say if Afridi gets to lift the World Cup? Would like Afridi to do that just to see the look on Ian's face ..........

yeah do agree with HB that even though Chappell's dislike for Afridi might be based on valid grounds but he is taking it to stupid levels really

after going through the article you can't shrug off the feeling that he mentions Afridi a little too much....lol

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information