Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ian Chappell is one annoying old bugger

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Aren't you cute.

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    It's obvious what the reason is. His analysis has a lot to do with the match situation and bias is quite evident. I feel the same way about Sunny so I don't like either of them.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    Pretty much any criticism levelled against Pakistan is fair tbh.
    Posting straight from the gutter once again.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Chappell is a flog.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Evil Scotsman
    For the benefit of those of us who missed it, was Afridi's celebration any different from his 'hands in the air, everyone acknowledge how amazing I am' celebration?

It was the same celebration.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    For the benefit of those of us who missed it, was Afridi's celebration any different from his 'hands in the air, everyone acknowledge how amazing I am' celebration?
    No.

International Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Nothing wrong with Afridi's celebration, IMO. Let your freak-flag fly. This ain't 1955 where you got a handshake if you just bowled the ball of the century.

I don't think you can call Chappelli bias. He went on about Ponting's captaincy last night and called the Australian over-rate "disastrous/abysmal".

In general, he is a grumpy old sod who has good analysis but sometimes he is grumpier than usual.

Yeah he's just a grumpy, opinionated old man. Usually good value, but sometimes his opinion can be... strange.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Yeah he's just a grumpy, opinionated old man. Usually good value, but sometimes his opinion can be... strange.
    This.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Somerset Chops's Avatar
    I can see where hes coming from regarding the Afridi celebration , i dont necessarly agree with him but see what he means.

It was the 9th wicket and his first and it was'nt a brilliant ball either where as if he was tearing through the aussie line up or just got Ponting or Hussey out with a ripper then then 'Look at me im amazing' celebration would probably more apt.

I think thats why Chap was moaning about it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Chops View Post
    I can see where hes coming from regarding the Afridi celebration , i dont necessarly agree with him but see what he means.

It was the 9th wicket and his first and it was'nt a brilliant ball either where as if he was tearing through the aussie line up or just got Ponting or Hussey out with a ripper then then 'Look at me im amazing' celebration would probably more apt.

I think thats why Chap was moaning about it.
    Indeed and I have heard state the same about Brett Lee's celebrations at times....

Ian was a big Pakistan supporter during the 90's and uptill mid 00's I think all the recent happenings with Pakistan has hurt him however that does not give him the right to be a tool with a mic in hand.

Bun
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16 View Post
    What is wrong with this dude???? I mean his analysis are quality sometimes but did anyone notice him during the Australian innings today against Pakistan. He had totally written Pakistan off at the start of the tournament, thats all fair and good, but today he couldnt stop criticising Afridi when Australia started struggling miserably. He had a problem with Afridis celebration, then he had a problem with Pakistani team huddle at the end of the innings. He just came out so obviously irritated. It wasnt just what he said, it was the tone too, if any of you aussies are related to him, tell him to take his anger out on his girlfreind, the commentary box isnt the place.
    I like him really. He is insightful and quite a learned fellow. But somehow he transforms (like Sunny Gavaskar at seeing Sachin) into a schoolboy fan at the sight of Ponting. Also I think he dislikes the Pakistani team (many of us do, especially after the way the game has been brought to disrepute by some of them, so not entirely unwarranted). But his stint in the commentary was quite bad yesterday, all his cards went wrong for him I think.

Also he has been uncharacterestically inconsistent in his views on Ponting over the last few years.

Chappell: 'Ponting is still the best captain for Australia' | Match Analysis | Cricinfo Talk | ESPN Cricinfo

Ian Chappell: Ponting's captaincy hurting Australia | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Ian Chappell: Look, now you've angered Ricky | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information