• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 42 - India v West Indies

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
India v West Indies
Sun Mar 20

MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai
09:00 GMT | 14:30 local | 20:00 EST | 19:30 CST | 17:00 WST

India Squad

MS Dhoni, (captain/keeper), Virender Sehwag, Ravichandran Ashwin, Piyush Chawla, Gautam Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Virat Kohli, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Yusuf Pathan, Suresh Raina, Sreesanth, Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh

West Indies Squad

Darren Sammy (captain), Sulieman Benn, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Kirk Edwards, Chris Gayle, Nikita Miller, Kieron Pollard, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Devon Smith, Devon Thomas (wicketkeeper)

shivfan

Banned
Rally round the West Indies.
That calypso tune only sounds right when David Rudder sings it....
:dry:
Seriously though, I hope the Windies rest key players for this match, because playing a half-fit Gayle or a recovering Roach against India is not going to win the match, and that duo need to be fully fit for the quarterfinals, whoever we end up playing. This would be my XI, as a result:

1) Shiv Chanderpaul
2) Devon Smith
3) Darren Bravo
4) Ramnaresh Sarwan
5) Kieron Pollard
6) Kirk Edwards
7) Darren Sammy
8) Andre Russell
9) Devon Thomas
10) Suleimann Benn
11) Dev Bishoo

Shri

Mr. Glass
Have a feeling that Russell is going to tear us a new one tomorrow, assuming Roach is rested. Roach to rip us up if he plays.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just hope no one falls for that "looking like pulling out of the delivery stride and then bowling anyway" **** that he tries to pull. :@ Terribly annoying. Why does such a talented cricketer have to try crap like that?

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Windies might play this game more freely now that they are through.

India need to bat first and score big...if Windies bat first and Gayle helps them get a big total we will be under pressure facing Roach.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I suggest India lose this match. Otherwise they will play against Australia in the quarter finals. We all know what the result will be.

Please Dhoni & team lose your next match so that you can play Sri Lanka. You have better chances to win that match than playing against Australia.

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
I suggest India lose this match. Otherwise they will play against Australia in the quarter finals. We all know what the result will be.

Please Dhoni & team lose your next match so that you can play Sri Lanka. You have better chances to win that match than playing against Australia.
you still think same? 8-)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, for the Windies' NRR to drop below Bangladesh's and be eliminated, they'd have to lose by a margain of 770 runs.

All West Indies have to do is win the toss and bat first and they've qualified.

shivfan

Banned

Whoever wins this match will end up playing Australia, so I want the Windies to lose too....
:cool: