• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 42 - India v West Indies

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
History tells us that Pakistan are a much better side in knockout matches than they are in group stages. I don't think West Indies have much of a chance against them, especially if they are made to chase in Mirpur.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, let's drop the guy who's already scored a hundred in the World Cup and has shown he can handle a quality pace attack, such as the one WI have if Roach/Russell turn it on.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
History tells us that Pakistan are a much better side in knockout matches than they are in group stages. I don't think West Indies have much of a chance against them, especially if they are made to chase in Mirpur.
The Windies would much rather face Pakistan because they're far more prone to brain explosions.

smash84

The Tiger King
Sehwag is a must for the knockouts and we need to replace Kohli for Raina. Thinking of playing Australia in the quarters just gives me the creeps. Can't imagine Sachin's ODI career ending with a loss to Australia.

BTW this match should be a good one. The last one we can lose and not worry :(
Is this really SRT's last WC??? I won't be surprised to see him playing in 2015.

Nah we need to. Raina in India is a much better batsman than he is out of it. Not sure Kohli can bat as low as he does in India and be useful.
Agreed. Raina is VERY good in India. Should be tried out here.

Wouldn't risk any of their big players (Gayle + Roach). Windies can beat Pak, I just can't see them beating Aus.

Both sides probably wouldn't mind losing. Could be a strange game.
Pakistan are very unpredictable. Depends on what side of the bed they get up so just about any side (including minnows) would fancy their chances against Pakistan than against Australia.

The Windies would much rather face Pakistan because they're far more prone to brain explosions.
This.

Even yesterday Pakistan could have lost the match. Umar Akmal was more than a touch fortunate, Afridi's brain explosion was typical and when asked about it by Ramiz Raja he said "Don't ask, don't ask" :laugh:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Siddhu on commentary suggesting that Chawla should be playing which such bull****. Variety for the sake of variety is nonsense. The guy has to be able to pitch it properly to make anything of the variety.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gayle and Roach rested. WI obviously want to win this game :dry:

India better not lose a match where the opposition doesn't want to win.

vcs

God, Sidhu makes me want to smash my TV. The guy should be gagged. :@

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Raina for Kohli not a bad idea. In subcontinent there is nothing that Kohli can do and Raina can't. In addition when chasing a 320+ target, Raina is the guy who can turn it around. Kohli has also looked a misfit when batting in last 10 overs after the top 3 have set up a platform, a role that Raina can perform well.

vcs

The term "verbal diarrhoea" was invented for Sidhu. Why am I torturing myself by watching the pre-match show for the first time in this WC? :(

Blaze 18

Banned
Raina for Kohli not a bad idea. In subcontinent there is nothing that Kohli can do and Raina can't. In addition when chasing a 320+ target, Raina is the guy who can turn it around. Kohli has also looked a misfit when batting in last 10 overs after the top 3 have set up a platform, a role that Raina can perform well.
Agree.