• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup 2011 clouded by spot fixing?

kingkallis

International Coach
As per a report by IBN7, 21 players from 5 nations ( England, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Australia & West Indies ) are under serious scanner for spot fixing. Investigation agencies has traced some phone calls which were involved in some illegal activities and the same numbers reached some of the players rooms as well :

+44 208673 xxxx
+44 208675 xxxx
+254 040320 xxxx

Calls were made to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Nagpur.

2 senior Australian players were seen with a bookie in an Ahmedabad hotel ahead of the Zimbabwe game.

7 games are being considered as fixed.

Some of the international journalist are under radar as well as its very easy for journalists to get in touch with players.

Phewwwwwwwwwww! Hopefully this is not true.

kingkallis

International Coach
I saw it on IBN7 ( A well reputed news channel in India ). It was an exclusive by their editorial team. I am unable to find anything on their website yet.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it turns out to be bollocks, hopefully the ****s at the news channel are taken to the cleaners for defamation.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I understand why people want to discuss match and spot-fixing reports. Just to remind people, if this goes beyond discussing media reports and into unsubstantiated mud-slinging against players then the thread will be closed.

kingkallis

International Coach
Lets wait for 2-3 days. IBN7 is a huge media house and they wont give this item the 9:00PM slot just like that!