Thread: BCCI irked with MSD over playing XI selection

U19 12th Man

BCCI irked with MSD over playing XI selection

The Board of Control for Cricket in India and the team selectors have had a word with skipper MS Dhoni after the team collapsed against South Africa in their league match at Nagpur on Saturday, according to some media reports.

According to the media reports, the selectors and skipper MS Dhoni were not sharing the same thought process right from the time the World Cup squad was selected and South Africa's loss has not gone down well with the BCCI and Indian selectors, who are also unhappy about the skipper’s stubbornness in selecting the playing XI.

It has been learnt that with just couple of day remaining before India's penultimate Group A match against West Indies, chairman of selectors Krishnamachari Srikkanth met Dhoni at the team hotel. Reports added that a few harsh words were spoken and the team management was asked to have a closer look at the playing XI.

Dhoni has still not given spinner Ravichandran Ashwin a chance in the playing eleven despite Piyush Chawla's and Ashish Nehra's poor show in the World Cup so far. The selection committee now thinks that the time has come for Ashwin to be given a chance.

Sources revealed that a couple of days back, two selectors spoke to Dhoni and the Indian skipper was clearly told that 'Chawla has got enough chances' and that Ashwin should be picked.

It is also being said some of the senior members of the Indian team are not pleased with Dhoni's rigidness during the World Cup.
    BCCI irked with MSD over playing XI selection - World Cup 2011 - Cricket Next

You know what? I think Dhoni doesn't give a damn about the world cup. He is saving Ashwin for the bull**** IPL games. It's time for him to be fired as the captain of this team.

Think there is more of a case for replacing Nehra than replacing Chawla. Chawla does give them a different option compared to the other spinners. I mean pretty much all the other bowlers are right arm off spinners.
    "I will go down as Darren Sammy, the one who always smiles" - Darren Sammy

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaLose View Post
    BCCI irked with MSD over playing XI selection - World Cup 2011 - Cricket Next

You know what? I think Dhoni doesn't give a damn about the world cup. He is saving Ashwin for the bull**** IPL games. It's time for him to be fired as the captain of this team.
    Don't agree with saving for IPL theory but yes Dhoni is being a little stubborn. Much as I like him and his instinctive decisions, I can't find a justification for not giving Ashwin a chance.

Lettuce be reality OP: If Ashish Mehra had bowled ind to victory in the last over (like he did when SL were chasing 413 to win), everyone who is anybody would be all over Dhoni's jockstrap.
    Ind vs PAK Semi Final: PAK WINS

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Don't agree with saving for IPL theory but yes Dhoni is being a little stubborn. Much as I like him and his instinctive decisions, I can't find a justification for not giving Ashwin a chance.
    I just met many fans who were critical of Dhoni accusing him of favoring his CSK IPL players like Ashwin and Raina. Apparently they wanted Robin Uthappa in the indian team.

U19 12th Man
    Believe me, Dhoni doesn't give a **** about the world cup. I am hoping he is fired after the world cup is over.

Kohli for captain!

Believe me, Dhoni doesn't give a **** about the world cup. I am hoping he is fired after the world cup is over.
    Fired even if India wins the WC?

Dude,WE just lost one match dude.........give him a break FFS
    Love You India

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    dude,we just lost one match dude.........give him a break ffs
    this
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Thread Information